Prone movement help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prone movement help.

Something I don't understand is how some people especially high rankers and good players are able to shoot from prone position to standing up and instantly back to prone. Everytime I do it I always have the 1 second delay. I hit crouch instead of spacebar to make me get up a little faster but I can never shoot while getting up. The only reason I can come up with is because they have macros that can somehow press two buttons for them. Can someone help explained this for me, cause its fustrating when I go up agaisnt players like that I don't stand a chance.

How are some people able to slide on thier belly by proning and standing up then proning again making them look like a snake or some sort. Thanks!

Re: Prone movement help.

It's a feature that you unlock when you reach officer rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
      It's a feature that you unlock when you reach officer rank.
      awww rafterman dont be mean! =P sanic he is joking -.-'

Comment

some n00bs spend millions of dollars/pounds on gaming keyboards and gaming mouses that have special buttons and they set these to do a particular function...i.e prone crouch prone really fast...macros

Comment

Originally posted by Sanic View Post
          Something I don't understand is how some people especially high rankers and good players are able to shoot from prone position to standing up and instantly back to prone. Everytime I do it I always have the 1 second delay. I hit crouch instead of spacebar to make me get up a little faster but I can never shoot while getting up. The only reason I can come up with is because they have macros that can somehow press two buttons for them. Can someone help explained this for me, cause its fustrating when I go up agaisnt players like that I don't stand a chance.

How are some people able to slide on thier belly by proning and standing up then proning again making them look like a snake or some sort. Thanks!
          I'm pretty sure most of it is just the difference between the server sending packets and the client filling in the gaps with interpolated data. If you get on a server where you have an extremely low ping, you'll notice this tending to go away when you're engaged with someone else with an extremely low ping. As the pings rise, the incidents of people appearing to shoot while jumping, or firing in the standing->prone window increases.

Basically: WYSINWYG (What You See is NOT What You Get) because the client is filling in the gaps between packets with what it "thinks" is going on.

Comment

true^if i play on a server with a 14 ping i see virtually none of the "rolling" stuff.

Comment

Or he could be playing the demo!!! From his explanation I take it they were dolphin diving. Which is impossible since 1.2

Comment

Was it like this lol?

Comment

I always start shooting a second or so before i release the crtl key so i am shooting right away.

Comment

ive seen rolling still done, i mean if you press A or D when pressing Z that should give you a "roll combo" ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Anni-kin View Post
                      ive seen rolling still done, i mean if you press A or D when pressing Z that should give you a "roll combo" ;D
                      Assuming that you haven't remapped the default keys.

Comment

Thanks guys for the answers. I appreciate it, but now can anyone tell me how to defend against it? Some of these guys are virtually impossible to hit. I watched the guy in the video, that is crazy, it's like hes not even human anymore.

So can you say macros is still skills? I mean I play a lot of other games that macros help alot but I never download them because I'm always scared of virus or hacking into my account. I pretty much play and get better with what they give me and never with mods or some sort.

Comment

NP! Yeah, I can't say that macros or mods are part of any skills. It's sorta like you might as well have a gun that shoots for itself.
                          Mods and macros are like America... Pretty soon we will have something that chews our food for us and wipes our own ***, seeing how america already has world's fattest people.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin
                            Lol that vid made me laugh. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin
                              that was quite strange - what was he doing, is that the infamous "dolphin diving" ? it looked more like the "demented snake" =/

Comment

Working...
                              X