New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi, I am getting really interessed in mods, but I'm not sure how it works, at first I thought it was something called "Sandbox" which I DL'ed, but wasn't working... Saying, BF2.exe not working, but when I search for it, it's right in my folders, and I can see it... which is weird. Then I understood that mods and Sandbox weren't the same, Sandbox is to create them, and Mods are maps you can play, well I think...

How does mods really work ? I mean are they maps you DL and you are able to play on your normal BF2 game ??

Also, I DL'ed the DSB and it said the same thing than BF2.exe thing. Yes, I do have 1.4 patch... so please, answer me and gimme some hints. I saw some stuff and it seems really nice, like the "double uzi" on Nations at War and etc.

To summarize, why is the BF2.exe thing not working and what is mods and Sandbox

Slevin

:salute:

Re: New here

Originally posted by Slevin View Post
    Hi, I am getting really interessed in mods, but I'm not sure how it works, at first I thought it was something called "Sandbox" which I DL'ed, but wasn't working... Saying, BF2.exe not working, but when I search for it, it's right in my folders, and I can see it... which is weird. Then I understood that mods and Sandbox weren't the same, Sandbox is to create them, and Mods are maps you can play, well I think...

How does mods really work ? I mean are they maps you DL and you are able to play on your normal BF2 game ??

Also, I DL'ed the DSB and it said the same thing than BF2.exe thing. Yes, I do have 1.4 patch... so please, answer me and gimme some hints. I saw some stuff and it seems really nice, like the "double uzi" on Nations at War and etc.

To summarize, why is the BF2.exe thing not working and what is mods and Sandbox

Slevin

:salute:
    Latest patch is 1.41

if you download something like project reality, or desert conflict , u save it to your desktop, unzip or run it, it will install itself, if it gives you a icon like PR & Dcon will just click onthem, if you install one that doesnt just in multiplayer make sure "same mod" isnt checked.

they are just what they say "mods' modifications, game changes, ihave no idea about sandbox.

just my opinioin, find out the hottest mods alot of peep play & try one or 2 of those, i mean what good is a mod on singleplayer :shakehead:

Comment

Re: New here

Get Modjive program for now. It is like Steam if you have that in that inside the window you will see games avertised that you can download, although here all the games are free mods that install within your standard BF2 installation, using the main core files for BF2 with their own overiding code for their changes plus whatever else the individual mod brings to the game.

Using Modjive is the quickest, easiest and safest way for a newbie to mods to explore the world of the modding community. You will soon find hopefully the mods are what the mod developers saw as being wrong/strange or just plain daft in the retail version of BF2 that your average player insists on playing due to no viable alternative visible to them as the mods need to be advertised better, or at least the idea of mods needs explaining to get people starting on that path (I know so many people on the net that have never signed up to a community bulletin board system and so never get to find out about these things)

Comment

Working...
      X