BF2 not starting up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 not starting up...

I have searched all over for the last few days trying to fix this and have tries everything I have found, but it still wont work. Just want to run it by you guys and see if I missed anything!

The problem:
    On start-up I am getting a white box where the splash screen should be. After that one of two things happens. Eather it stays on the white box, not allowing me to do anything else and pinning my the usage of my 3rd core to 100% or it will go to a black screen and stay there.

I have had this game running of previous comps, but this one was just put together a couple of days ago. This is why I am running it by you guys, I know it should work, Im just not sure what I am missing. :shakehead:

System specs:
    All drivers up to date...
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    EVGA 680i SLi A1 mobo
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb graphics card
    2GB OCZ Platinum 800mhz memory
    Windows Vista 32 bit
    OCZ 850w psu

I have reloaded the game 6 times and repatched many more then that. Changed compatability to Win XP. Tryed running it from a mini-image. Any I know there are more things I just cant think of right now. Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: BF2 not starting up...

Try running BF in single core mode.. Noticed that people having problems with multiple core processors..

Comment

Ok, I droped it to running on 1 core and now I am seeing results! The splash screen displays the correct image before going to a black screen like a normal load up. The screen stays black and you hear the "EA games" but it drops to desktop before the "challenge everything" and the BF2 tab stays in the tray. I am going to go back and try some things I did previously and see if it helps now. Thanks for the help Link!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton View Post
        Ok, I droped it to running on 1 core and now I am seeing results! The splash screen displays the correct image before going to a black screen like a normal load up. The screen stays black and you hear the "EA games" but it drops to desktop before the "challenge everything" and the BF2 tab stays in the tray. I am going to go back and try some things I did previously and see if it helps now. Thanks for the help Link!
        No problem.. :salute:

Hope you sort it out.. report back..

Comment

did it ever work before on this new machine? i'd try reinstall, but maybe check you resolution, cause i think if the refresh rate is different fromthe what game allows it will not work, iknow mine wont. minewill only work on 60mhz refresh.
          GL:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
            did it ever work before on this new machine? i'd try reinstall, but maybe check you resolution, cause i think if the refresh rate is different fromthe what game allows it will not work, iknow mine wont. minewill only work on 60mhz refresh.
            GL:salute:
            Well it came up with the splash screen once. Now it is back to the white box and black screen, but it still says "EA games". It never worked before on this machine, but I have attempted multiple reinstalls. I thought it may have been resolution too, but I am running 60mhz for it and even tryed running in 800x600 with the same results. A buddy of mine who runs close to the same machine was having the same problem, but setting compatability to Win XP solved his. We both run the EVGA 8800 GTS so it makes me think that is not the problem. The major difference is he runs a dual-core while I run a quad-core, but even setting BF2 to run on 1 core isnt solving it. I am also attempting starting using the CD and a mini-image with the same result letting me know it isnt my cd drive. I am out of ideas, lol.

Also, is there another way of running on 1 core then how I am doing it? I am bringing up the task manager and right clicking to get to affinity and turning off all cores but 1. I have been noticing, however, that it does not save this and must be done every time. Is there a way to do it to make it run on 1 core all the time?

Comment

Well it came up with the splash screen once. Now it is back to the white box and black screen, but it still says "EA games". It never worked before on this machine, but I have attempted multiple reinstalls. I thought it may have been resolution too, but I am running 60mhz for it and even tryed running in 800x600 with the same results. A buddy of mine who runs close to the same machine was having the same problem, but setting compatability to Win XP solved his. We both run the EVGA 8800 GTS so it makes me think that is not the problem. The major difference is he runs a dual-core while I run a quad-core, but even setting BF2 to run on 1 core isnt solving it. I am also attempting starting using the CD and a mini-image with the same result letting me know it isnt my cd drive. I am out of ideas, lol.

Also, is there another way of running on 1 core then how I am doing it? I am bringing up the task manager and right clicking to get to affinity and turning off all cores but 1. I have been noticing, however, that it does not save this and must be done every time. Is there a way to do it to make it run on 1 core all the time?
              im clueless, i've set my affinity just seeing how itmade mine run, i have dual, and i couldnt tell a diff. but anyway each time it reset itself.

friggin weird problem though, im like you -outta ideas unless it is the quad core causeing a problem. have u tried writing EA?
              if you have a account with them just log in & write there support, you'd be surpised sometimes they know exactly what prob is, make sure you put your in game name & specs in the message.
              besta luck

Comment

Working...
              X