Help:Log-in Router problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help:Log-in Router problems.

Recently my BF2 account is not logging on. However when I disconnect the computer from my Linksys Broadband router and connect it directly to my modem, the account logs on. What gives? Is there some kind of firewall in the router? Mind you I have played on the router before with no problems.

In addition, sometimes when I launch the game, the dark screen appears as usual but stays on for ever, without ever displaying the EA logo-DIce. This problem is also recent, never happened before.

**My computer specs are: Pentium 4 1.8 GHz- 512MB RAM- Geforce 5600 128 RAM-Broadband connection.

Any help is appreciated.:salute:

Re: Help:Log-in Router problems.

Well,

Most routers have indeed a build-in firewall..

You need to open the right ports in order to play BF flawless.. I'm not familiar with Linksys routers, but with the instuctions manual you'll be able to sort it out..

Take a look here and open the following ports:

I had a similair problem.. My voip stopped working, changed and tweaked all settings and stuff, no voip.. Later I found out I needed to open 2 ports in order to get it working again..

Hope this is usefull.. good luck..

Ohh and ehh, note: I hope you getting able to run BF smooth on low settings coz your pc needs a few upgrades.. Seriously :salute:

Comment

Thanks will try that out. BF2 runs fine on my low settings, but am thinking of a new rig to counter the next generation of CPU sapping games.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks man, I've tried it and it works. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzehtarek View Post
          Thanks man, I've tried it and it works. Really appreciate it.
          No problem... :salute:

Comment

Working...
          X