Anybody Get This Error?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Get This Error?!?!

My BF2 Vanilla game works just fine and I've been playing it for almost 2 years and just today I had an error while playing on a server... Durka Durka Mohammad Jihad (infantry only server that does karkand and jalabad) which is my favorite server and right in the middle or the end of the round The game does NOT CTD but instead goes to the welcome screen and an error appears in a box in the center of the screen that says EXACTLY this:

GAME MESSAGE
    ----------------
    There was an error reading from the server.
    So you might just say... the problem is on the server's end and not yours but I tried many different servers and I got the same message every time...

So I need to know the following things:

1. I need to know how to fix this...

2. I need to know what caused this for future reference...

Recently I've gotten into mods and I'll get some errors here and there so that just might be the problem but I haven't downloaded anything recently except one thing - the World In Conflict Demo.

Usually I always eventually fix these random problems and I want to thank those people on these forums who are computer wizzes (you guys are my heroes and I really need your help now!) but I've rarely ever had problems with my Vanilla BF2. So here's the point - has ANYBODY had this problem or knows how to fix it?

Re: Anybody Get This Error?!?!

There's already a couple other topics on this. Just wait until it's fixed. Mmmkay Pumpkin!:salute:

Comment

WHAT?!?!? You expect me to to just let it go!!! This is bullcrap! I;ve tried everything and I've been researching this all night and I haven't slept for way too many hours!!!! EA isn't helping they just told me they know how to fix it but they wouldn't post it! WTF!? And you tell me to wait until it's "FIXED" so tell me, when will that happen? Just curoius...

Don't take any of this personal because it's not you I'm mad at it's this stupid problem I just suddenly got for no reason after 2 years playing BF2!!!!!!

Every time I want to play BF2 (which is all I play pretty much) I can never just sit down and enjoy a nice game. I always just end up swearing and marching out of the house... I rearely have any leisure time as it is and my BF2 time is my time to relax...

Comment

err, everything is back to normal. okidoki?

Comment

:salute: At ease!
          if u havent fixed it yet, try dloading the newest punkbuster files, that solved it for me.

Comment

i got same errror couple nights ago, no matter what i did or tried, but i just cut comuputer off, hasnt happen since, so i guessed it was either my local isp or somehting on bf2 server end.

Comment

Originally posted by krpp15 View Post
              :salute: At ease!
              if u havent fixed it yet, try dloading the newest punkbuster files, that solved it for me.
              Where can I do that? After playing BF2 for 2 years and never touching anything I am half suprised that all of a sudden it just got screwed up but I have clue as to why... I've read many things people have said about this error and it seems to me that most of the time that updateing PB won't do anything but if you tell me how I'll give it a shot...

***something I remember people saying was that it had something to do with the ports... I wish I knew what they were talking about... I don't even know what that means.

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
              but i just cut comuputer off
              Uh... I'm guessing you meant you "turned" your computer off???

I haven't played BF2 since last weekend cuz I'm too busy during the week but in two days I might get the chance to see... I don't turn my computer off that often but... When the lag gets on my last nerve I'll defrag everything on the C: drive which I did last night... Then I'll reboot the system as well as the network connections... Mabye it's fixed now but I just don't know it yet!

Comment

I think EA/gamespy/pb have resolved this already. By now you should be able to play BF2 w/o any big problems.

Comment

Originally posted by [R]**AuTo**[WS]
                  There's already a couple other topics on this. Just wait until it's fixed. Mmmkay Pumpkin!:salute:
                  LMAO. Pumpkin? LOL I hope you're a girl otherwise that's wierd for a dude to say, but hey, who don't love pumpkin pie?! Am i right?!?! :salute::yay:

Comment

Working...
                  X