Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not re-install please help!

weirdest thing ever guys..

all of a sudden, I would go into a server, then it would say " connection to the server has been lost ". The second time I would go into a server, it would boot me out of the game.. Did this several times, same thing.. restart, same thing.

I tried to uninstall the game, but when I double click the icon, it would bring up install shield, say it's configuring the wizard, then it would disappear and i'm back to the desktop. I tried going to the add/remove programs and uninstalling it there - same problem. Finally I manually deleted the folder containing EA Games/BF2, then went into regedit, and deleted the registry entry containing BF2.

I restarted my computer, tried the autoplay on the CD, and same thing again.. pick language to contiune, configure installshield, and flashes for a second, then boots me back to desktop.. I tried going into the cd and selecting setup, autorun... everything is the same.

The Cd is not scratched,

My operating system,ram etc. is fine.. all my other games are fine!

i've been playing this game for 1 year now, up until now it has been fine.. now can't even install the game!

I appreciate any suggestions.

btw.. I don't have the receipt.

Re: can not re-install please help!

Sounds very weird. Since you have bought the game I guess it would do no harm if you try to download it. Have you tried that? I won't say where you can download or anything... and I'm not encouraging it*!

*Bullsh*t

Comment

Re: can not re-install please help!

well, maybe, when u uninstalled it a few stuff, maybe desappeard from the CD or from your hard drive, that happened me once... try to go to the store where you buy it and speak with them, they might know what's happening.... well, but it's sounds really weird... good luck

Comment

Working...
      X