Ati AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati AF

i am sick of ati a have tryed all the drivers and ngo/omega one's to and i just cant get the astropic filtering , to work i have changed every setting like aplication controled, 2xaf 4xaf 8xaf 16xaf and also had high quaility on, none of this works at all and there is lines as bent as a snake, and the trees look bad, i had an nvidia card a while ago and it was perfict ? any idears, i have an ati x800gto2 thank's :shakehead:

Re: Ati AF

i dont think the game supports anisotropic filtering, it does however support anti-aliasing - i use an ATI graphics card

i use a laptop and my graphics card is:

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512MB HyperMemory

i have downloaded the latest drivers, but because ATI do not support theirs with lots of gayness, i modded mine.

anyway regardless, you shouldnt have to worry about anisotropic its only anti-aliasing, set it to X6 and you should see a diffrence, though there will still be lines that are "gridy" or bent im sorry to say - the game is a 2005 game you have to remember.

if you need anymore help im here =)

Comment

yeahi think ur looking for the Anti-aliasing function which is in bf2. the game i think uses Anistrophic filtering which is under the texture filter setting in BF2. if u want the trees to look better set the geometry setting to high and the trees should be more detailed

Comment

ahh that might be it ill try that and if i hsve no luck ill post a screen to show you whant i mean thanks !

nope no luck lol here is the pic hope you can see what i mean

Comment

try setting ur antialiasing settings hire to like 4x.

u can see what the settinsg do (scroll down to antialiasing)

Comment

Are u sure you got the video settings on your card application controlled..

If not, you can boost the AA on max and you won't see the diffrents..

Comment

Originally posted by Link_2007 View Post
              Are u sure you got the video settings on your card application controlled..

If not, you can boost the AA on max and you won't see the diffrents..
              how do you mean "controlled" ? =)

Comment

Originally posted by Anni-kin
                how do you mean "controlled" ? =)
                Ok, open Ati catalist controll center.

Go to 3D settings, and search for the anti aliasing tab, and put it on application controlled..

With this enabled, your application (BF2) is controlling the Anti aliasing..

With this disabled, your card checks his own AA settings, and they look like crap standard...

Comment

oh i see what you mean now, yeah i already have that

check the "Let the application decide" box =)

Comment

Yep.., check the box..

And Anni-kin is right though, BF doesn't support anisotropic filtering.. Even vertical syncing.. :shakehead:, but that's only relevant of you have an LCD screen.. As for that, you can force it in your GFX driver, and looks really great. Take a look at the tech center. There is a nice topic about it.. (Already done that Anni?)

If you've checked the box, you'll need to put your AA settings in-game on 4 times, maybe less but use this to start.. You defenetly must see the different..

Don't get this wrong, there is a different between AA (anti iliasing) and AF.. (anisotropic filtering)

-AA enabled smooth out the edges and curves.. (guess that's wat you wanted)
                    -AF enabled enhances the image quality of textures on surfaces.. (Compare pic attached, take a look)
                    -V-Sync enabled syncronises your game framerate with your LCD.. To avoid tearing that occur at higher framerates..

Hope this is usefull.. Good luck.. :salute:

Comment

hmm i thought bf2 did support anistrophic filtering

Originally posted by Tweakguides.com BF2 Guide
                      Texture Filtering: This setting controls how crisp and clear textures look as they fade into the distance. The available options are Low, Medium and High, and the higher the setting the better the image quality in return for a decline in performance. The screenshot comparison below shows the impact of different levels of filtering - note in particular the different levels of the blurring on the dirt road leading off into the distance. The texture filtering settings at Medium and High should correspond with 2x Anisotropic Filtering (AF) and 4xAF respectively, with Low being Trilinear. For more details, again refer to my Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide. For most people the Medium setting should be optimal for performance purposes while still maintaining good image quality.

Comment

BF2 has support for everything except widescreen, just some options aren't in the game.

As for the OP, you need to set it through ATI's profiles, not the global settings (if they still have profiles, can't remember if they do).

Comment

yeah camper is right, but what i shouldve made more clear and meant was you cant like mess around with AF like you can with AA.

Ty Link, and no i havent seen that thread i dont think *goes to check it* =p

speaking of which i just changed some of my graphics options around and now the game runs smoother and i really cant see a diffrence in the graphics ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X