New, need HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, need HELP !

Hi everybody, I'm new to Battlefield 2 :salute: (just installed it) and I'd appreciate some help.

1. I can get into the game without installing any of the patches but it want's me to create a account. I don't want to play online only off. Do I still want (need) to create a acct. ?

2. I've downloaded all (I think) of the patches but I'm not sure what order to install them. For just offline play, which of the patches do I need to install and in what order ?

3. I installed patch 1.01 and tried to go into the game but it crashes back to my desktop, what am I doing wrong ?

Like I said before, I'd appreciate any & all help !!! Thanks in advance !!!

Re: New, need HELP !

1. Yeah i think so, but you can make an offline only account.
    2. Install the 1.41 patch, it has all them in one and will update it to the latest version, and ignore the things you already have updated with recent patches.
    3. You need the 1.41 patch, not 1.01. Although it still should not crash and i'd look for further help if you still get the problem after 1.41.

Comment

jimmy has pretty much sumed up all the help you need.

just install 1.41 and you should be ok

be prepared for some PB (Punk Buster) hate-age =P

Good Luck!

Comment

Yeah you'll still need to create an account, this game is completely based around online play. There is a small single player area, where you can create a single player game once you sign in to your account though.

Jimmy is correct, just download and install the 1.41 patch, it has all of them combined. You can find the patch here... http://www.gamershell.com/download_16477.shtml

After the patch update you should be good.

Comment

Thanks for the replys, buuuuuttttttttttt I've still got problems. I installed (or at least tried to) 1.41 and half way thru (at about 62%) a box pops up saying "patching failed" and then when I click ok to that the next box pops up saying "The installshield wizard has successfully installed Battlefield 2 patch 1.41". Once (again) I click on the game icon to start the game the Battlefield 2 box pops up, then the screen goes black like it's going into the game but then it crashes back to the desktop. Any ideas ???

Comment

Whats your system specs? Video card mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
              Whats your system specs? Video card mainly.

ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
              - Intel P4 Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz x 2
              - WD 320 Gig Hard Drive SATA II
              - Nvidia GeForce 7950GT 512meg video card
              - Soundblaster Live 24bit Sound Card
              - 2 Gig PC3600 Ram
              - LITE-ON DVD-RW
              - 550 W power supply

Comment

Ok, your system's not the problem then, on top of that, with a nice set up, why play single player :dead:?

Comment

Originally posted by Alm()nd J()y View Post
                  Ok, your system's not the problem then, on top of that, with a nice set up, why play single player :dead:?
                  Want to get used to the game first. That is if I get the da** thing to run ! :nod:

Comment

its probably a patch issue, its obviously having problems installing =/

Comment

Yeah i'm not sure whats going on. You might want to call/email with EA support and see if they can help.

Comment

Download the patch from another source - maybe downloading failed or was buggy

Comment

ElFipso is right, try downloading from a diffrent mirror...

And there is one more thing.... You are running a dual core processor..
                          If you having crash issues you need to set your processor in single core mode...

Do as told here:

1) press "Ctl + Alt + Delete"
                          2) Locate my "BF2.exe" file
                          3) right click on that file
                          4) Click "Set Affinity"
                          5) and deselect one of my processors so only one is on for the game

Comment

Originally posted by (NL)Link
                            ElFipso is right, try downloading from a diffrent mirror...

And there is one more thing.... You are running a dual core processor..
                            If you having crash issues you need to set your processor in single core mode...

Do as told here:

1) press "Ctl + Alt + Delete"
                            2) Locate my "BF2.exe" file
                            3) right click on that file
                            4) Click "Set Affinity"
                            5) and deselect one of my processors so only one is on for the game
                            whasts advantage to this, will it make it run faster or just make crashing stop.
                            i done mine jsut to see, i couldnt tell a diff in game running, but did notice next time i played i had to reset the affinity

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
                              whasts advantage to this, will it make it run faster or just make crashing stop.
                              i done mine jsut to see, i couldnt tell a diff in game running, but did notice next time i played i had to reset the affinity
                              Well it depends,

What do you like more, a smooth running game and lots of crashes, or tune down one setting get rid of the crashing????

Comment

Working...
                              X