Possibly my proudest moment as a pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly my proudest moment as a pilot

Probably won't seem like much to some of you, but it was my best and perhaps funniest moment flying a jet.

After frustration over how biased wake island can be if your team isn't up to scratch, and fed up with being raped on the carrier, I switched to Chinese. Only for the opposite team to go and take our airfield within the first 5-10 minutes of the round. I attempted to help bomb and gun down ground units so we could recapture the airfield, but after a few sweeps, there were no friendy units in sight, and the enemy was manning the airfield Stinger site.

Basically my only decent remaining option was to spray a few rounds off at an enemy cluster, or use my ammo-less corpse of a plane to take out some armor on its way down. Then I had a enemy jet on my tail. Realising I still had a couple of AA missiles left, I shot him down and had an idea. Sped off towards the carrier with afterburn, passing an enemy Cobra on its way home to resupply and repair, smoking light grey. I did about 3 sweeps of the carrier before spotting the only man down there, camping out for a plane respawn, and managed to hit him with my last few cannon rounds.

On my final turnaround I spotted the USMC plane respawning on dock, and with about 10 seconds left on the poor guy's respawn timer. But that Cobra was back. And I was out of ammo. My only option left was to jump out and try to take off before getting pounded by a TV missile. Except rather than that outcome, my empty plane glided straight into the Cobra and blew it up, allowing me a smooth takeoff with no resistance from USMC troops. to go help out my buddies on the island ^.^

May sound a little dull but when it was all happening within the space of a couple of minutes it was hella-fun! Now I didn't have fraps up, sod's law, and the only screenshot I can offer is this.. taken after I'd gone out of ammo once again and chased an F-18 with my cannon.. stalled :X

Re: Possibly my proudest moment as a pilot

um if you were in a plane why is your gun ammo showing

Comment

I jumped out when I stalled, since I was about to die from out-of-bounds punishment anyway. That's why the plane is freefalling in front of me.

Comment

That was a good story!

Comment

LOLZ nice way to stick it to 'em

Comment

Suprised Cobra pilot didnt call you a ramming noob over chat. Man he must have been pissed.

Comment

Working...
            X