Black Flash and Kick to desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Flash and Kick to desktop?

I can't seem to find a sure fire way to fix this, I'm running a view sonic 19" LCD monitor. The game was working fine last night(all settings on high and no lag at all) and now I'm getting this black flash when I try and start BF2. Any idea? I can't find out how to fix it with a few different searches

Re: Black Flash and Kick to desktop?

try forcing the res using this technique even if you dont have WS.

Comment

Thanks. I'm having troubles even reinstalling it again now.

Comment

Alright, i had your exact same problem, i can tell you a rough way to fix it, but you may have to did deeper to find what you need, when i went from 19" CRT monitor to a 32" LCD T.V. it could not support the resolution that battlefeild 2 was TRYING to play at. you need to go into your Defult VIDEO CON file, open in text pad, and find where it has the resolution, mine was trying to play at somthing like 1000x1060 or somthing, so i changed it to 800x600, and played round with the hertz rate untill it was ok, and then, yo need to right click on the BF2 icon on desk top, and go properties, and find where is has a bar with this: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen and what you want to do is make it this: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen1 (just adding the 1 on the end enables it to play in widescreen. if you dont do this, it may run, but you will so i half minmised screen, that you cannot move to see, hope this is of some use to you.

If you are still having problems, here is an old post that should give you all the advise you need, and step by step manor, http://bf2.totalgamingnetwork.com/fo...ad.php?t=78473

Comment

Working...
        X