Graphic Settings xfx Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB xxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Settings xfx Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB xxx

Just purchased BF2 and the aboce GPU and wanted to know what would be the best settings to setup on this card to play at the highest possible settings pls?

Really love the game and looking fwd to many cold winter nights indoors soon! :evil:

Asus m2n32-sli deluxe motherboard, 2 x 1GB Corsair X2 extreme 6400 memory,
    OCZ 600 watt powerStream PSU.

Re: Graphic Settings xfx Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB xxx

I read somewhere that the recommended thing to do is turn off AA and all that within BF2 and set it up in nVidia Control Panel, which you can use to set everything to high etc...

Comment

Wow this is obviously some dude who is showing off..

Comment

<shameless brag>I have 8800 GTX</shameless brag> :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by x + 95 = 4x - 10 View Post
          Wow this is obviously some dude who is showing off..
          nVidia 8800GTX 768mb tbh.

Comment

For starters make sure your updated with everything, Latest and greatest Nvidia drivers.. nice beta set out on nzone.com right now and soon to be released official set in a few weeks. Also make sure Direct X is updated.

As for settings that card should be able to run BF2 on all high settings AA on and so on..Just make sure it has decent air flow around it.

Comment

Set it all to high.

What kinda' dumb question was that?

Comment

nvidia 6200 ftw..lol..yeh..

Comment

thanks dudes for the advise and I am not showing off. it's been a long wait to purchase this card from my nvidia 5600 (yes, v old!). if you have the cash go for it, esp with the DX10 games coming out - bring on Crysis!!

And AncientS - not a dumb Q man, every single one is valid! obviously I will max the graphics but it was the antialising and AA's that I was inquiring about.

-O

Comment

Seriously!!! It honestly seems like you just needed to break the news about your new video card.

Comment

Some guy either showing off or doesn't have the slightest clue about computers. Why don't you try reviewing about your hardware before you buy it first, Idiot!

Comment

Calm down, it's a perfectly valid question, I'm stumped by it too.

The performance difference between 1600x1200@4xAA and 1920x1440@2xAA is fickle. One is sometimes better than the other. Sometimes I'll get FPS death with one config, another time I'll never drop below 100fps.

Comment

I love your terminology camper lolz

Comment

Originally posted by optymist View Post
                            thanks dudes for the advise and I am not showing off. it's been a long wait to purchase this card from my nvidia 5600 (yes, v old!). if you have the cash go for it, esp with the DX10 games coming out - bring on Crysis!!

And AncientS - not a dumb Q man, every single one is valid! obviously I will max the graphics but it was the antialising and AA's that I was inquiring about.

-O
                            so you had an nvidia 5600 pci-e teamed up with your C2D, and 2 gigs ocz pc 6400?

Comment

Originally posted by TheButler208 View Post
                              so you had an nvidia 5600 pci-e teamed up with your C2D, and 2 gigs ocz pc 6400?

no, the MB, Ram and PSU were purchased begin of the year. I've just been saving up to purchase the 8800 gts while th PC has been in limbo for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X