Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing in the middle of the game!!

can any one help me??

Its been happening for a long time now. So can any1 give me any information about what is happening?

I will greatly appreciate it.

my computer specs are:
    Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 137 GB
    Video Card: MSI NX6200 AX (NVIDIA GeForce 6200 AX)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
    Keyboard: USB Root Hub
    Mouse: USB Root Hub
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Re: Freezing in the middle of the game!!

give your computer specs please.

Comment

Mine started freezing when I installed Highway Tampa map. Now it's been freezing in all maps. Just froze on Sharqi, right when I was kicking butt. With all the Punkbuster problems lately I'm leaning toward PB.

Comment

do you mean the game freezes and you get disconnected or freezes as in stops responding?

Comment

If he has the same freeze as mine it locks up the whole computer. Sound runs in an infinite loop. Can't Ctrl+Alt+Del. I have to hold the power button to shut down the computer.

I was using NVIDIA beta graphics drivers, so I went back to the WHQL drivers. Tried Highway Tampa, got a few freezes for a couple seconds at the beginning of the first match. Checked my connection, low ping with fast internet speed. The rest of the match was smooth and no problems on the second match. I'll do more testing.

Comment

freezes as in stops responding then i have 2 press restart on my computer

Comment

Originally posted by One_shot_wonder
              freezes as in stops responding then i have 2 press restart on my computer
              whats your comp. specs?

i've got the PB problem like everoby else & mine has never froze like that, sounds like might be something else, maybe heat, have u checked your cpu temp & graphic card pross temps? just a guess of course.

Comment

Originally posted by OminousLull View Post
                If he has the same freeze as mine it locks up the whole computer. Sound runs in an infinite loop. Can't Ctrl+Alt+Del. I have to hold the power button to shut down the computer.

I was using NVIDIA beta graphics drivers, so I went back to the WHQL drivers. Tried Highway Tampa, got a few freezes for a couple seconds at the beginning of the first match. Checked my connection, low ping with fast internet speed. The rest of the match was smooth and no problems on the second match. I'll do more testing.
                infinite loop is a key sign that you've set your sound card on hardware when it needs to be on software.

Comment

Originally posted by TheButler208 View Post
                  infinite loop is a key sign that you've set your sound card on hardware when it needs to be on software.
                  Now why would I set it on software? That is the first I've heard of that. In fact the tweakguides.com recommends hardware setting for sound cards:

Audio Renderer: This setting determines the type of audio device which is used to playback the sounds in the game. The options are Software, Hardware and Creative X-Fi. The Software renderer is the most basic, and provides adequate, at times scratchy sound quality, but gives the best performance for most machines. The Hardware option should be chosen if you have dedicated sound hardware, and provides good quality audio with a slight performance drop. In general, I recommend Hardware audio renderer if you have any form of sound card in your system and the option is available in BF2.

Last night I had one freeze at the beginning of Highway Tampa. This time I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del, nothing happened so I waited about 5 min. Eventually the desktop and taskmanager popped up. So I checked my internet connection, everything was fine. Instead of ending BF2 through taskmanager I went back to the game to see what was going on. BF2 message said Connection to the server was lost, which I figured it would. BF2 did not crash, it just stalled for a long time.

My specs:
                  XP64 Pro
                  Intel Duo 2 6400 2.13ghz
                  ASUS P5NSLI
                  2GB DDR2 800
                  BFG 7900GT
                  Audigy 2
                  ANTEC 500w PSU

All video settings on high.
                  Audio High, Hardware, EAX.
                  Runs over 70fps, very smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by OminousLull
                    Now why would I set it on software? That is the first I've heard of that. In fact the tweakguides.com recommends hardware setting for sound cards:

Audio Renderer: This setting determines the type of audio device which is used to playback the sounds in the game. The options are Software, Hardware and Creative X-Fi. The Software renderer is the most basic, and provides adequate, at times scratchy sound quality, but gives the best performance for most machines. The Hardware option should be chosen if you have dedicated sound hardware, and provides good quality audio with a slight performance drop. In general, I recommend Hardware audio renderer if you have any form of sound card in your system and the option is available in BF2.

Last night I had one freeze at the beginning of Highway Tampa. This time I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del, nothing happened so I waited about 5 min. Eventually the desktop and taskmanager popped up. So I checked my internet connection, everything was fine. Instead of ending BF2 through taskmanager I went back to the game to see what was going on. BF2 message said Connection to the server was lost, which I figured it would. BF2 did not crash, it just stalled for a long time.

My specs:
                    XP64 Pro
                    Intel Duo 2 6400 2.13ghz
                    ASUS P5NSLI
                    2GB DDR2 800
                    BFG 7900GT
                    Audigy 2
                    ANTEC 500w PSU

try this ok, if it works it works, in audio options, uncheck "use eax", then uncheck "mic boost" try that

no workie still, go put it on software with the above the same.

no workie after that go into your direct x sound & more the acceleration to low or none.

no workie after that is beyond me

besta luck:salute:

Comment

Seemed to have fixed my freezing on Tampa; deleted and reinstalled map, then patched 1.41 again. No freezes yet after a day.

Comment

ohhhhhh oops sorry
                        my computer specs are:
                        Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
                        Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
                        Memory: 1022MB RAM
                        Hard Drive: 137 GB
                        Video Card: MSI NX6200 AX (NVIDIA GeForce 6200 AX)
                        Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
                        Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
                        Keyboard: USB Root Hub
                        Mouse: USB Root Hub
                        Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Comment

I read that Evenbalance recommends closing Atitool as it might conflict with PB. Also read that it actually fixed the freezing problems of some users. I can imagine that a similiar tool for NVIDIA cards might cause problems.

Frustrating problem as there are no good ways for tracing it!

Comment

I found that my freezing had something to do with the connection, I'm thinking PB. Instead of restarting your computer try this: do nothing for 5 minutes or more, if it comes out of it and you are able to see the BF2 menu again then it's probably communication problems. If it doesn't it is probably a hardware or driver issue.

Highway Tampa is still touchy for me. It lags quite a bit in the beginning so I just do nothing for a minute or so til it comes out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by OminousLull View Post
                              I found that my freezing had something to do with the connection, I'm thinking PB. Instead of restarting your computer try this: do nothing for 5 minutes or more, if it comes out of it and you are able to see the BF2 menu again then it's probably communication problems. If it doesn't it is probably a hardware or driver issue.

Highway Tampa is still touchy for me. It lags quite a bit in the beginning so I just do nothing for a minute or so til it comes out of it.
                              dude, 5 mins is way too long for a connection freeze IMO.

your specs seems very good, i was lookin at (below) youhave that you have your audio on hardware, i'd make sure its not conflicting, alot of hardware doesnt mix , i think bf2 has a list of cards that it dont work with in your bf2 folder.
                              also just a suggestion i'd try puttin it on software, uncheck eax & mic boost, lower my sound acceleration if you card will let ya in direct x.
                              if that dont help put your video settins on medium

i get over 100fps on high, so im thinkin somethin is dragin ya down just a little.

good luck:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X