wishful thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wishful thinking

I was thinking, why cant they have a helo that doesnt have a gunner seat but still has a tv screen to guide the missile
    I dont think there is anything like that in real life so in BF2 its definetly out

Im just so sick of noob pilots and gunners its pathetic

like I said WISHFUL thinking and Im just venting.....frustrating night in the helo LOL

Re: wishful thinking

that would be alright

i reckon the normal helos are fine but thats my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
      I was thinking, why cant they have a helo that doesnt have a gunner seat but still has a tv screen to guide the missile
      I dont think there is anything like that in real life so in BF2 its definetly out

Im just so sick of noob pilots and gunners its pathetic

like I said WISHFUL thinking and Im just venting.....frustrating night in the helo LOL
      i see what you're trying to get at, but it would still have to spin out of control like it currently does when soloing.

Comment

The last thing this game needs is to make soloing even easier by making a single-seat chopper....

What they should do, is take the current chopper config and move the hellfire missiles from the pilot to the gunner and disable seat switching altogether. This would make it a true driver & gunner team.

They should also do this to Armor. Make a driver (who only has a small slit view), a gunner (who only rotates the turret and aims through sites) and an optional top gunner (who has the most visibility).

Choppers & Planes should have to fully land to rearm/repair too.

This would decrease the dominance any one vehicle can have on a map.

Just my 2 cents....

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
          The last thing this game needs is to make soloing even easier by making a single-seat chopper....

What they should do, is take the current chopper config and move the hellfire missiles from the pilot to the gunner and disable seat switching altogether. This would make it a true driver & gunner team.
          i dont agree - hehe i dont like that idea

They should also do this to Armor. Make a driver (who only has a small slit view), a gunner (who only rotates the turret and aims through sites) and an optional top gunner (who has the most visibility

Choppers & Planes should have to fully land to rearm/repair too.

This would decrease the dominance any one vehicle can have on a map.

Just my 2 cents....
          i agree with these ideas, they would make the game more interesting in my opinion the first being to help encourage teamwork and the second about landing...stops those good pilotes whoring everyone with their rain of bombs ahh!!

Comment

Fully land would cause chaos on some maps.

Dalian for example would lead to mass TK of the US jets crushing people running around on the deck. Get 1 noob in a jet and all hell will be unleashed lol

Comment

:yay: sounds fun!!

it really does, im not joking - its better than 1 pro taking the jet and you dont see it till the next round =/

Comment

The last f&cking thing on Earth this f&cking game needs is "teamwork emphasis" you muppets. Sheesh. The skill gap is way too far for any of that rubbish to happen. 50% of the time when you get in a chopper, your pilot or gunner would better be replaced with a brick.

How much squadwork is there on the 800+ servers open to public play? Very little. Any "teamwork" percieved is involuntary, and happens because the other 5 people in your squad have more time on BF2 than seeing daylight.

Keep that **** to mods which leave room for the game to be actually good, instead of catering to the majority player. Corporations DO NOT make money with "tactical" games and EA is exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                  The last f&cking thing on Earth this f&cking game needs is "teamwork emphasis" you muppets. Sheesh. The skill gap is way too far for any of that rubbish to happen. 50% of the time when you get in a chopper, your pilot or gunner would better be replaced with a brick.

How much squadwork is there on the 800+ servers open to public play? Very little. Any "teamwork" percieved is involuntary, and happens because the other 5 people in your squad have more time on BF2 than seeing daylight.

Keep that **** to mods which leave room for the game to be actually good, instead of catering to the majority player. Corporations DO NOT make money with "tactical" games and EA is exactly that.
                  Enough said.

Comment

I disagree camperstrike. I believe EA did try to create a "teamwork" oriented game, but it's the players and the ranking system that's turned it into what it is now.

I see teamwork on a regular basis in pub servers, either by members of my own team or on the receiving end from a well coordinated enemy. And that's mostly on the Non-Popular maps where the n00b ratio suddenly plummets.

But getting back to my original statement, I just think the fact that 1 person can dominate in a vehicle is just unfair, and thus should require at least 2 people to operate IMO. Not just to establish teamwork, but to give a better balance to the game.

Again, this is just my opinion. There's no need to resort to name calling just because you disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
                      I disagree camperstrike. I believe EA did try to create a "teamwork" oriented game, but it's the players and the ranking system that's turned it into what it is now.

I see teamwork on a regular basis in pub servers, either by members of my own team or on the receiving end from a well coordinated enemy. And that's mostly on the Non-Popular maps where the n00b ratio suddenly plummets.

But getting back to my original statement, I just think the fact that 1 person can dominate in a vehicle is just unfair, and thus should require at least 2 people to operate IMO. Not just to establish teamwork, but to give a better balance to the game.

Again, this is just my opinion. There's no need to resort to name calling just because you disagree.

I already accounted for the "teamwork" on random pub servers. It's NOT "teamwork", it's people doing the game as they learnt in their 100000 hours (and it happens to fall into "teamwork", per se). People don't jump into "teamwork mode" when they join a squad, or I'm alone.

Having the gunner operate all the weapons would actually be a good idea but it ISN'T HAPPENING FOR A COMPANY THAT LIKES THEIR MONEY, period. Leave that **** to "tactical" games, which have a tiny playerbase. Yes, the game needs more balance, but the thin.. HEY LOOK! BF2142 SOUTHERN STRIKE IS OUT!

My bad, it isn't "name calling", just an expression of mine, I guess I'll have to stop using it that way

Comment

Back on topic, thats is why i stay away from helis b/c I know I cant gun but i can fly alittle bit.

Comment

So.... BF2 is full of crappy gunners, yet you wanna give away the pilots only weapon?

Comment

My dream attack chopper: (they should make a mod like this) you click and hold to fire the cannon. to fire missiles push the space bar, then theres a button you push which makes the chopper automatically hover in place. Then you can right click and switch to tv missile while in hover mode.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed
                              My dream attack chopper: (they should make a mod like this) you click and hold to fire the cannon. to fire missiles push the space bar, then theres a button you push which makes the chopper automatically hover in place. Then you can right click and switch to tv missile while in hover mode.
                              isnt that what ves said about making it easier for piolets to solo...basically easier seat switching :P

Comment

Working...
                              X