Knife Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife Stuff

Anyone know how to use the knife well? today i was trying to knife this person, but they always knifed me and humilated me lol - any tips/guides on how to knife well, even if the other person is aware of you =/ i know thats asking alot but it would help me alot ^^

Re: Knife Stuff

Yes, stab at least 5 times, and hold down the mouse button until the animation finishes. NEVER stab once and run, this isn't CS.

Comment

I always like to dive at their feet and knife. Means its harder for them to hit me.

Comment

ohhhh, well ty ! i keep playing like cs -.- hehe thats how i was taught to knife in first game

ive seen ppl do that ducking thing before...but its just so hard to knife ppl =( everyone just shoots me anyway

oh and camper i always stab once and run :P and i never held down lol

Comment

The knife is truly a magical weapon in BF2, except the magic charges have run out and no decent MEC wizard will recharge it for you!

in BF2, these things can happen:

It can hit, not kill (see dust, hear the sound) (~50%)
          It can totally miss even though the target is not moving (~50%)
          You aren't even facing your opponent and he is killed by it (~5%)
          You are shot by a teammate while knife fighting someone (~5%)

In pubs anyway, in 5v5 Infantry ladder (regular weapons), my knife hits 95% of the time, I try to get a knife kill every round, most of the time it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
            The knife is truly a magical weapon in BF2, except the magic charges have run out and no decent MEC wizard will recharge it for you!

in BF2, these things can happen:

It can hit, not kill (see dust, hear the sound) (~50%)
            It can totally miss even though the target is not moving (~50%)
            You aren't even facing your opponent and he is killed by it (~5%)
            You are shot by a teammate while knife fighting someone (~5%)

In pubs anyway, in 5v5 Infantry ladder (regular weapons), my knife hits 95% of the time, I try to get a knife kill every round, most of the time it works.

how =( it never works for me...IF i manage to get a hit it would always result in the dust thing u were talking about...oh and also does it help if you were playing with a heavier class like anti-tank for example?

Comment

Most folks make the mistake of trying to get in too close before they knife - if you're actually having a knife fight, that means you're usually going to get stabbed or if you're surprising someone, you can actually miss them.

Mess around with it and figure out your best range.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                I always like to dive at their feet and knife. Means its harder for them to hit me.
                I never liked going prone in a knife fight. You're so easy to hit whilst stationary on the floor, and the prone delay stopped you from getting up swiftly.

To the OP, I always like to stare my opposition out before attacking. :nerr:

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                  I never liked going prone in a knife fight. You're so easy to hit whilst stationary on the floor, and the prone delay stopped you from getting up swiftly.

To the OP, I always like to stare my opposition out before attacking. :nerr:
                  lol u would win everytime ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                    Most folks make the mistake of trying to get in too close before they knife - if you're actually having a knife fight, that means you're usually going to get stabbed or if you're surprising someone, you can actually miss them.

Mess around with it and figure out your best range.
                    agreed...usually when i run at someone to knife them, i always get too close and then sometimes bump into them, and hten somehow i end up in front of them. its quite embarassing

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                      agreed...usually when i run at someone to knife them, i always get too close and then sometimes bump into them, and hten somehow i end up in front of them. its quite embarassing
                      they always run laps around me and i end up dying... i just stand still cuz it makes me dizzy =/ maybe i should run too, i dont know its just really hard i find.

Comment

screw knives. shock paddle ftw.
                        i just don't get in knife fights. whenever i try i end up getting killed by that guys g36e.

Comment

If you keep your finger on the mouse the whole way through the animation, and look to the left of the player but while still maintaining him in your sights, you will kill him without a doubt.

Comment

knife fighting you must get distrance between you and enermy, do this by bunny hopping and running. Then turn round and you got a fair chance, close distance and slash.

Also the only 100% way of not getting smoke in a knife kill is to stab them in the back whilst their walking away from you. (preferably they cant see you)

If you wish to knife someone consider their view and come in from the side and get behind them. Never follow one person too long or you'll get shot by sum1 else.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_Diplomat View Post
                              If you keep your finger on the mouse the whole way through the animation, and look to the left of the player but while still maintaining him in your sights, you will kill him without a doubt.
                              should i aim for head or does it not matter as well?

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                              knife fighting you must get distrance between you and enermy, do this by bunny hopping and running. Then turn round and you got a fair chance, close distance and slash.

Also the only 100% way of not getting smoke in a knife kill is to stab them in the back whilst their walking away from you. (preferably they cant see you)

If you wish to knife someone consider their view and come in from the side and get behind them. Never follow one person too long or you'll get shot by sum1 else.

thank you - good advice

Comment

Working...
                              X