LAN Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN Question

My bro wants to play BF 2 [my copy of course] so i told him to buy his own. He asked if we could play together via internet, and I told him it'd be better to play on a LAN.

if we both have a copy and computer connected to the internet, it would work right? And the pinging would be terrible depending on my connection right? I have a half-meg connection at my house so yeah, if it'll constantly lag us both playing together I'll just tell him to bug off

Any help appreciated!

Re: LAN Question

if your just playing one on one then get a router and do a local host. Otherwise just find a empty server to play on some where.

Comment

Oh yeah I have a router of course, it'll be co-op gameplay maybe? Would it slow the conenction down too bad is what I wanna know, like would we get 1000+ ping constantly just for us two?

Comment

Download "Hamachi", then you can set up a LAN server over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDelta
          Oh yeah I have a router of course, it'll be co-op gameplay maybe? Would it slow the conenction down too bad is what I wanna know, like would we get 1000+ ping constantly just for us two?
          if your running over a router the ping should be almost nothing for the client and the host should be at 0

cause your ping relies on latency through hops etc and your not going through nothing but the router.

Comment

Working...
          X