Weird problem!!! help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem!!! help please

Hi, I recently have a new issue in BF2... never happened before but it's been going on for a whole week now and I can't find any info on the web for this particular problem...

When I play I have no lag at all my system is decent 3.2ghz cpu, 2gig ram, 512mb video card.. problem is network related... I can play lone wolf with no lag at all... ping averages around 30-40ms... as SOON as I join any squad in any server, my ping instantly starts climbing up to 700.. then goes back down to ~50, and climbs back up and down up and down... I leave the squad, ping drops to 30-40 and stays there.... what can be causing this?? I updated to latest PB... same thing...

HELP PLEASE

BTW, the only recent change I've made is installed special forces right about when the problem started occuring. thanks in advance!

Re: Weird problem!!! help please

Strange problem.. make sure computer is clean from spyware and virus..then give ISP a call perhaps run this program for a while to see if your having packetloss issues www.pingplotter.com

set it to 1second trace intervals.

Comment

UPDATE: I don't understand at all but it seems like the problem fixed itself... very strange

I was going to try your packet loss program but told myself I'd check again to see if it was still going on, and nope, consistant pings now in and out of squads..

The only thing I did was two of the reccomendations in the "bf2 tweak guide".
      To rename the bf2.exe file to something else and to launch the game from a batch file with a command line with the +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +login +resolution size and it seems to be A OK now, weird or what!!

Comment

Originally posted by krazykapper View Post
        UPDATE: I don't understand at all but it seems like the problem fixed itself... very strange

I was going to try your packet loss program but told myself I'd check again to see if it was still going on, and nope, consistant pings now in and out of squads..

The only thing I did was two of the reccomendations in the "bf2 tweak guide".
        To rename the bf2.exe file to something else and to launch the game from a batch file with a command line with the +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +login +resolution size and it seems to be A OK now, weird or what!!
        im not sure but it may have been some ports were being "listend" to by outside sources...ie. maybe you forwaded some ports by accident...but that doesnt matter it works now :yay:

Comment

I had a simliar problem, which was timed around the new pb update, massive ping spikes, but I could go play WiC, CoH, CS:S etc... with no probs.. Messed with updating pb, vid drivers, etc.. to the point that my game would fire up, give me a black screen for 4-5 seconds, and then ctd. Ended up completely uninstalling/reinstalling, and now it works great....nothing a reinstall can't fix lol.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, and yes re-install would of been my last resort, actuall a format would be the very last... can't go a long time without my BF2!

so once again thanks fellaws

Comment

Originally posted by krazykapper View Post
              Thanks for the help guys, and yes re-install would of been my last resort, actuall a format would be the very last... can't go a long time without my BF2!

so once again thanks fellaws
              np, i just hope we helped =(

Comment

Working...
              X