PnkBstrB.exe still having problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PnkBstrB.exe still having problems!

I have read all of the damn posts about Punkbuster after its updated and read tons of posts about all the people saying how it wont let them play. You have heard it many times but i have the following problem:
    Server Disconnected - has been kicked
    Via PunkBuster (for 0 minutes)...
    RESTRICTION: Service Communication
    Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking
    failed

Almost all the advice I here is about how firewalls are blocking PnkBstrB.exe and the truth is that I cannot get it to appear in my task manager. My firewall is zone alarm and it has it allowed and even when ZA is off it still dosent work. I also have mcafee but not the firewall part so there arent the options to allow programs in it so i dont think this is the problem since I don't have that part of mcafee. Windows firewall is turned off. And Window's Defender I dont think really does anything to it cuz the logs say it permits it. I am able to join every server but then I get kicked for this. I dont understand how it dosent let me play because I just explained above how I dont think its my firewalls. I have done the other things like used pbsvc or watever to uninstall and then reinstall PB. I have also updated PB. I have tried every fix that I have read but it still kicks me. WTF is my problem?

So I turned off everything I have, Zone Alarm, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and mcafee before i go into Bf2 and i still get kicked for the same reason. The weird thing is that when i turned off mcafee and all its processes in windows task manager it just restarted and they all came back. But I am still not sure how that damn mcafee would be the problem if i dont have the firewall part of it and there are no options to allow programs.

Re: PnkBstrB.exe still having problems!

Yep. same here. It ain't appearing in my task manager either

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffernator View Post
      I have read all of the damn posts about Punkbuster after its updated and read tons of posts about all the people saying how it wont let them play. You have heard it many times but i have the following problem:
      failed

Almost all the advice I here is about how firewalls are blocking PnkBstrB.exe and the truth is that I cannot get it to appear in my task manager. My firewall is zone alarm and it has it allowed and even when ZA is off it still dosent work. I also have mcafee but not the firewall part so there arent the options to allow programs in it so i dont think this is the problem since I don't have that part of mcafee. Windows firewall is turned off. And Window's Defender I dont think really does anything to it cuz the logs say it permits it. I am able to join every server but then I get kicked for this. I dont understand how it dosent let me play because I just explained above how I dont think its my firewalls. I have done the other things like used pbsvc or watever to uninstall and then reinstall PB. I have also updated PB. I have tried every fix that I have read but it still kicks me. WTF is my problem?

So I turned off everything I have, Zone Alarm, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and mcafee before i go into Bf2 and i still get kicked for the same reason. The weird thing is that when i turned off mcafee and all its processes in windows task manager it just restarted and they all came back. But I am still not sure how that damn mcafee would be the problem if i dont have the firewall part of it and there are no options to allow programs.
      Yea same here I've just recently started having the same freakin problem. So I wish somebody could find a way to fix this, and dont tell me its my computer because its never done this before.:wall::wall:

Comment

OS and router information?

Comment

well i had the same problem,looked high and low ect.

then i remembered "i have zonealram installed"

even though it was off,it still blocked pkbuster B

well as soon as i turned zone alarm on i got a few pop ups i ticked them all and it worked.

there is still a problem when i join a game it always refuses to connect but 2nd try always works.

if zone alarm still gives problems try unistalling it and reinstalling it.

for the record pknbstrB doest always show in my taskmanager when im not playing.

Comment

Yeah i have the same problem. I was playing the game yesterday and nothing was wrong! Then i get on today and i have this bs pop up Server Disconnected - has been kicked
            failed

and i know none of my virus blockers or fire walls are messing with it and i dont have a zonealram so i doubt its that....

Comment

Same problem here. I started off with the pnkbstrb.exe handshaking failed error message, but this only stopped me from playing D-Con. I've tried every fix i could find throughout all the forums, but the problem is now affecting vanilla. The process used to run at start up without prompting but now I can't get it to run without uninstalling PB and re-installing PBsetup. I've tried the full removal including editing registry keys but pnkbstrb.exe does not even show up on the services list to be able to start manually now. I now get the Punkbuster kicked for 0 mins No packet flow error message. I am running windows firewall in conjunction AVG free edition behind a hardware firewall in my D-Link router. The only other thing I can think of is IE7 was recently installed on my system when setting up with a new ISP. This has caused problems with my Win XP active desktop creating an error message at boot.

Comment

I thought I had it fixed but the first server I try to connect to just won't connect. Second try succeeds or CTD.
                Today I ctd 6 times in a row when trying to connect to the "second server".
                I fixed it with refreshing the server list.
                I got kicked for not finding bpclient or sum today as well.

And EA/DICE/PB can mess around with BF2 as much as they want. I still WILL NOT BUY BF90210 !!

Comment

Ok i fixed it on mine. I asked my friend if he had the same problem and he told me just to quit the game and restart it and i did and now it works. idk why it did that but its fixed now.

Comment

Well, I got the handshakin problem too. I was on today and all was well Til some NOOB on Aces Wild server kicked me off of Karkand cause he didn't like that I could run as fast as his tank. He was smashin me up against the wall and pushin me with his tank and he thought I was Hackin! LOL, yeah I'm using the run real fast and bunny hop and throw out AT mines hack@!

[A*] Girdeux_Acorde ur clan is a joke! Kick away noob!

Anyway, I tracked him down on the net and found that he had an X-Fire account So I re-downloaded it (Had it a while back and got rid of it for hardware issues...look like it still has hardware issues with BF@) installed it...sent him a nasty message via Friend invite and then tried to get on BF2 and got the Handshaking error.

Stopped running X-Fire and all is well...

Sav

Been on a server for 5 min now and no problems...

Keep u posted...and I will check my router loggs to see whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffernator View Post
                      failed

i used to get this too, im afraid you wont like the answer im going to give and that is:

this fluctuates alot, i mean on the last update of PB i had it didnt work before the update but then i updated it started working....then not again.

now i have updated PB again - (there was a new version out 2-3 days ago i think now)...it is working fine now ....but for how long i dont know and dont want to know tbh

Comment

there was a new version out 2-3 days ago
                        How about yesterday,

Monday 09.10.2007 [4:45PM]

Version 1.742 of the PB Client for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
                          How about yesterday,
                          how about thank you stormy and i guess we all just realised im human after all! :O omg!

;D

Comment

I use Vista, Punkbuster shows up in the "services" tab in the task manager, dunno why, but it is there.

Comment

Just started getting this today in BF2 (works fine in CoD2, though I saw somebody get kicked for it). Updated to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                              X