Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill

How many fans besides me?

I just love that franchise man. Movie, games, especially the MUSIC, makes it all one of the most original survival-horror games ever.

It's not run-and-gun, or excessive running around shooting things [limited ammo mwahaha] and all that, but the sotryline and music make it one hell of a game.

Re: Silent Hill

Not really a fan, Ive sold my soul to CRAPCOMs RE franchise and got buttfvcked in 2004 with RE4. Im a survival horror fan, played almost all REs and SH2, 3 and 1st. SH2 has probably one of the most moving stories ever made. Its music isnt that good (except for Promise and Laura... ouch!), but the use of sounds and music in game, to make you nervious, is very, very good. Sh features a very good background story which is why I like the theme.

SH was also the second franchise to not to get buttplugged by people who dont know how to make movies. SH and Mortal Kombat have so far been treated well.

Comment

^ Yep. Agreed. The movie is pretty faithful with the exception of a few things of course. The music is more ambient than music music, that's why it makes you wonder wtf is going on. Than SOMETHING POPS UP AND SCARES YOU OH NOES.

Comment

I`ve only played The Room (PC) and it was pretty scary.
        I was expecting something a bit darker and eerier based on what people say about the Silent Hill franchise but it was still good.

Comment

You should try Silent Hill 2 then, as its what most people base their opinion on. Available on PC and arguably the best game in the series.

Comment

yeah Silent Hill 2 really brought the psychological thriller-type horror/survival game into the world IMO. Scares the shiza outta me to this day when playing at night lol, Pyramid Head FTW! :yay:

Comment

Working...
            X