PunkBuster error, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster error, need help!

ok, so i finaly decided to install bf2 yesterday, undated etc etc, log on...then i got kickd...

PUNKBUSTER ERROR MESSAGE

Punkbuster Kicked player "yaki39" (for 9 mins)
    RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure:
    PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

i went to the PB website, got the updates...and still same msg, PLZ HELP!

-Yaki39:salute:

Re: PunkBuster error, need help!

Comment

punk buster keeps booting me off hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll llllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp

Comment

I followed all the steps up untill the part where it says:
        Double click on Windows folder
        Double click on System32 folder
        Find and delete PnkBstrK file

I'm on windows XP and my System32 folder is not in Windows folder, it's in i386 folder and there are no files named PnkBstr anything in the System32.

I've updated Punkbuster following all the other steps and I get kicked out of servers after ~1 min for a "Pnkbstr.B initialization error".

I've tried turning off the power to the modem and then turning back on and restarting, I've tried joining then getting kicked and then quitting game and restarting game and jioning again.

Nothing seems to work.

Why couldn't they just have left well enough alone. I never had any problems with this before but I haven't been able to play a game in weeks now. Anyone else having similar difficulties?

Comment

Originally posted by yaki39 View Post
          ok, so i finaly decided to install bf2 yesterday, undated etc etc, log on...then i got kickd...

PUNKBUSTER ERROR MESSAGE

Punkbuster Kicked player "yaki39" (for 9 mins)
          PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

i went to the PB website, got the updates...and still same msg, PLZ HELP!

-Yaki39:salute:
          I was just playing BF2 after a long long absence from the game. I was playing just fine until I left one squad and joined another. As soon as I did that, I was freakin kicked by this Punkbuster crap.

Punkbuster Kicked player "whoknowwho" (for 0 mins)
          PnkBstrA.exe initialization failed

The link above seems to be a broken link and takes me to the forum main-page. Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Defender

Comment

Working...
          X