No announcement yet.

full fps and low ping.why am i laging??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full fps and low ping.why am i laging??

heres my specs.

vista priemium
    asus p5b
    q6600
    2x1gig geil ultra 800mhz
    7900gs
    antec earth 500watts.
    dlink di-524up
    trend 2007
    logtech g3

all firewall of,user account controll of ,windows defender of,and all the ports open on the router.alot of ports just to play bf2!)

i get 99-102 fps maxed out with 30ms . nuthing drops.
    the screen will stuter like a massive lag . 1 sec).every time i play .

but the fps dosnt go below 99 and the ping is always at 30ms

when it gets all freaky like that after 10 mins play.it will stop for awile.
    im assuming its just bf2 bugs!. sometimes i cant kill some one even at point blank.and i can shoot at a exploding barrel with a m95 like 10 times and it will not blow up ;.

bf 2142 runs perfect! for me

Re: full fps and low ping.why am i laging??

ahahahahaha

Have fun. This is BF2. You rolled the DICE and came up snakeeyes.

Comment

hey just wondering..r u on a laptop? could it be overheating?

also, how well do u take care of ur computer. a.k.a. how often do u Defrag, check for virueses/adware/spyware

Comment

How about we look at my system, huh? I defrag weekly, virus scan runs daily, I check for ad/spyware every few days. I get a constant 100 FPS on servers with 30-80 ping and I can't even fire a TVGM online because it takes 2-3 seconds to even switch from the gunner cam to TVGM cam. Offline, I can solo like a pro because it takes me two clicks and the missile is flying towards the target.
        There is something wrong with this game, punkbuster, or windows. My money is on PB or BF2.

Comment

It's some background service in Vista, I believe. Haven't verified it fully though. Just trim everything possible, meaning no Aero theme, and it runs almost exactly like XP.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
            hey just wondering..r u on a laptop? could it be overheating?

also, how well do u take care of ur computer. a.k.a. how often do u Defrag, check for virueses/adware/spyware

lol you are a comedian.labtop ahahahh lol.thats a hardcore labtop,

every 24hrs i run skedual at 3 am

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
            It's some background service in Vista, I believe. Haven't verified it fully though. Just trim everything possible, meaning no Aero theme, and it runs almost exactly like XP.
            you mean change theme to windows classic ect....

Comment

I have the same problem! I cant even fly a jet or helo anymore with out crashing due to massive ingame stutter/lag. 2142 runs like a charm

Comment

I have XP.

Comment

When did this lag start for you guys? Just a couple days ago, or a week or so ago? I'm having the same lag issues. I get about an average of 75 FPS and 50 ping, but it stutters all the time.

My specs:
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 4000+ 2.1ghz
                  1GB PC5300 667mhz RAM
                  Geforce 8600GT
                  Windows vista home premium

You'd think it'd be the 1GB of ram + vista, but I never had this lag before the punkbuster update. That's why I'm almost certain this lag is caused by punkbuster. It's made the game unplayable, so I've just moved to other games until they've fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                    When did this lag start for you guys? Just a couple days ago, or a week or so ago? I'm having the same lag issues. I get about an average of 75 FPS and 50 ping, but it stutters all the time.

My specs:
                    AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 4000+ 2.1ghz
                    1GB PC5300 667mhz RAM
                    Geforce 8600GT
                    Windows vista home premium

You'd think it'd be the 1GB of ram + vista, but I never had this lag before the punkbuster update. That's why I'm almost certain this lag is caused by punkbuster. It's made the game unplayable, so I've just moved to other games until they've fixed it.
                    The strange thing is on my old rig where I had a 9600xt I got no stuttering at all then I upgraded my card to a 7600 then it started to stutter all the time. But with my new set up I didnt expect to get any stuttering but I do. BF2 isnt all that fun when you cant fly a helo with out crashing due to massive ingame stuttering. This game would own all if it was optimized but its not thank EA!

Comment

My ping is CONSTANTLY 155-160 because of PunkBuster. before they screwed everything up my ping was like 20 or so, never lagged. I hate PB.

Comment

i have a mid-low range pc with 2.4 pentium d, 2 gb ram, ati 850xt pe card and with all the image quality on high i get about 50-60 fps on a server with different ping depending on the server, but i never get any sort of lag like that, like sometimes if im on a full 64 player karkand map where everyone is bunched up in the same area WITH vehicles then i drop to like 20-30 fps but i never get any sort of lag like that and im not running with that beastly of a pc

Comment

Anyone tried turning off PB and testing it on a non-PB enabled server?

Comment

maybe its a problem with nvidia cards?

Comment

Originally posted by jimtool655321 View Post
                              How about we look at my system, huh? I defrag weekly, virus scan runs daily, I check for ad/spyware every few days. I get a constant 100 FPS on servers with 30-80 ping and I can't even fire a TVGM online because it takes 2-3 seconds to even switch from the gunner cam to TVGM cam. Offline, I can solo like a pro because it takes me two clicks and the missile is flying towards the target.
                              There is something wrong with this game, punkbuster, or windows. My money is on PB or BF2.
                              I think its PB, but EA could have a hand in it. all my troubles started 2-3weeks ago, before that no lagg, no jitters, everything was smooth as a babys butt

Comment

Working...
                              X