Tank shell range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank shell range

Ok, does anyone know what the maximum distance is for a tank shell? If you aimed just the right height, at what angle would give you the furthest shot and how far would it be?

Ive been playin around with tryin to shoot the F35 spawn point from basically the tank spawn point at the AF (well I pull up a little to get past the building). I will be commander and zoomed in to the F35 and fire the round and I cant even see it ANYWHERE near the ship. Is it even possible to shoot that far?

Think how awesome that would be if it was possible and it was perfected, not only kill the F35 but think how many people you could kill that are waiting for the jet. Id like to see their faces when they see this tank shell coming at them LOL

Re: Tank shell range

If there is no difference of level between the two vehicles, you'd get the maximum range of fire at an angle of 45°

Otherwise you'll get maximum range at

with v_o = launch velocity
    and h_o = launch height

Could be hard to find out those two variables

what is the "AF" ?

Comment

Can be done, shouldnt necessarily start with the carrier. First start with a closer target and then just move forward.

Comment

Ok, I spent 3 hours last night in an empty Wake server and I finally found where my tank shell was goin. I was able to get the right direction to the point where I was firing directly over arty island. So I maintained my position and just moved the commander screen closer to the carrier after each shot, and I found out that the tank shell will explode in mid-air much like a TOW and TV missle. Apparently even if you could raise the turret high enough, the shell will not make it to the carrier from the tank spawn at the airfield. (if someone would care to prove me wrong I would appreciate some video evidence) I was able to hop into the tank at North Village, turn around and drive to the building behind it (I put the tank against the building to keep it from drifting......which didnt help it started to drift the other way LOL) anyways I put the tank at North Village in a spot where I was able to take out the F35 on the carrier, and I also was able to figure our with just a little adjustment I was able to hit the helo as well. Hitting the helo isnt as effective because you need to do it twice and the tank moves alot and getting the second shot off quickly to blow up the helo is REAL hard.

I got a short video, but its over 400 Mb and its only 23 seconds long LOL

Originally posted by bulzenschneider View Post
        what is the "AF" ?
        AirField

Comment

Make a squad, open squadmap, zoom in at target, "move to this postion-" marker at target. Then just compensate for height, and aim directly at the targetmarker.

Comment

:laugh: it depends on connection.

Comment

Wow, that's impressive! I could only imagine the replies from the already gimped pilots who fly the F35 after they get mysteriously killed by the PLA tank from North Village.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_Diplomat View Post
                Wow, that's impressive! I could only imagine the replies from the already gimped pilots who fly the F35 after they get mysteriously killed by the PLA tank from North Village.

could the reply be..............HACKER!!!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
                  could the reply be..............HACKER!!!!!! LOL
                  Being accused of being a hacker is how I know i'm improving in the game. The first time I was called one was great.

Now I know the next level will be to see how many people IAR will accuse me.

Comment

Yeah, "Pixel shooting", what a wonderful concept.

Comment

All Shells in the game either blow up at like 800m or 1200m (correct me if i'm wrong, but its definately 2 ranges, longer one for like snipers/jet cannons).

Basically it's like this, If you sat in the F-35B on the carrier, and just shot towards the airfield, It would stop somewhere along the distance of the north village bridge.. So it's probably the 1200m one. After ~600m there is EXTREME bullet drop.. Goes the same for every weapon in the game, it's just the bf2 physics.

Tanks are the same way.. they will just disappear after a certain distance... So you could pixel shoot from north base, but it won't be effective because you would have to have a spot where you could rest your tank, and have the same results every time, but it isn't possible to do it effectively (like camping the entire round or something) because you will slide even if you aren't moving, because of bf2's "gravity".

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
                        All Shells in the game either blow up at like 800m or 1200m (correct me if i'm wrong, but its definately 2 ranges, longer one for like snipers/jet cannons).

Basically it's like this, If you sat in the F-35B on the carrier, and just shot towards the airfield, It would stop somewhere along the distance of the north village bridge.. So it's probably the 1200m one. After ~600m there is EXTREME bullet drop.. Goes the same for every weapon in the game, it's just the bf2 physics.

Tanks are the same way.. they will just disappear after a certain distance... So you could pixel shoot from north base, but it won't be effective because you would have to have a spot where you could rest your tank, and have the same results every time, but it isn't possible to do it effectively (like camping the entire round or something) because you will slide even if you aren't moving, because of bf2's "gravity".

It's a time delay of 6 seconds, I think.

TOWs are very good on Karkand, you can hit almost anywhere on the map :O

Comment

Once on karkand, I was driving a tank from the gas station, just firing randomly into the distance, and I teamkilled my dad in a jeep at the square. He was like "what the ****? how did I die?" And I was like "oh ****, that hit you???"

Comment

~ 3 hours lol.

~ import that vid into windows movie maker and save it.. should be down around 1-2mb with decent quality.

~ the next time I see you ill give you some of my secret general tips, to help you with your pixel aiming.
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

here it is....took Sigs advice and imported into windows movie maker

I dont know how to embed the video link from youtube to put the video screen on here so here is the link

taking out an F35 at its spawn point on the carrier in Wake Island while in a tank at North Village

also you know how as USMC you can usually get to North Village before the 2nd J10 spawns if you got a good team, well Im working on making a video of killing the J10 with the tank as well from North Village, Ive succeeded a few times but Im not consistent enough yet, when I get it perfected I will post the vid

Comment

Working...
                              X