bf2 will not install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 will not install

I've installed bf2 and uninstalled it 3 or 4 times in the past for different reasons, this time when i try to install the first of 3 disks ,maybe half way through the disk i get this error [bf2 installation failed, try again from beginning] . has anyone out there had this happen and how did you fix it ? please reply

Re: bf2 will not install

cd=scratched

Comment

sounds damaged to me. when you say first of 3 disks I take it you don't have a dvd version of the game?

Comment

i didnt realise there were non-DVD versions of the game =/ must be either quite old/dodgy =P

Comment

I bought my copy and it came on CD's.

Try going into the registry and removing BF2 from the regisitry, I did this when I had install/patching errors.

Start > Run > type "regedit"
          -Go into software if I recall, and find EA, and BF2 should be a folder in there. Delete the entire BF2 folder.
          - Reboot
          - Try installing again

- if it still fails, try another CD from a friend for the install, or by the game again...

Comment

i remember having the same problem. thankfully i've never had to reinstall it. i forget what i had to do.

Comment

the reg idea is a good one as it usually works. i have done it with another EA game (Battle for middle earth II) when that had problems installing

Comment

Working...
              X