is this allowed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this allowed???

i am new to BF2 and so im not sure if this is allowed or not...but today i was kicked from a German server because i went against the server rules apparently and used an AK-101.. they said i have to use pistol/knife only...im sure they cant do that! =(

Ive included, below, a link to a screenshot of server IP and name (My Battlefield Server Browser)

>>> Click here for screenshot <<<

Re: is this allowed???

It was a Pistol/Knife server, don't join them if you want to use weapons, lol. But i'm pretty sure its against regulation rules to have a ranked pistol/knife server.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
      It was a Pistol/Knife server, don't join them if you want to use weapons, lol. But i'm pretty sure its against regulation rules to have a ranked pistol/knife server.
      lol thanks jimmy but i am only "outraged" =P cuz i didnt read the name when i joined and everyone was using guns but then after a while an admin came on and he paused the game and said "knife/pistol only etc..." which i didnt agree with lol and got kicked..and yeah it was ranked.

Comment

Not that I approve the knife/pistol only servers, but how is it ok those custom rules not to be allowed but any other custom rules like no base raping, no fighting commander, no claymore etc. to be allowed.

If you ask me, all the servers with custom rules are bullcrap. There should be no other additional rules except EA's ROE.

If you want any additional rules, start with no medic whoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
          Not that I approve the knife/pistol only servers, but how is it ok those custom rules not to be allowed but any other custom rules like no base raping, no fighting commander, no claymore etc. to be allowed.

If you ask me, all the servers with custom rules are bullcrap. There should be no other additional rules except EA's ROE.

If you want any additional rules, start with no medic whoring.

i agree with you about the whole custom issue i think it should be either:
          • Full custom

or
          • No Custom

good idea ;D

Comment

Using only knife is not allowed!!
            Q: "Kife/Pistol only servers? what's the deal with those!?"
            A: They have been outlawed basically, any ranked servers that impose ANY restrictions on kits/loadouts/gameplay and NOT permitted to exist.

Originally Posted by Electronic Arts
            Seems EA is taking another step to prevent stat padding or the encouragement to do... we recieved this email tonight from our service provider kudos to EA....

Hi Guys,
            We have noticed an increase in behavior where leased servers are being used by clans solely to pad players stats, even to the extent where clans are institutionalizing rules that forbid normal play.
            Currently the favored method is for player admins to set rules where players must use either a knife or Pistol, players must revive each other, and players must not take flags.
            This creates environments where players gain stats unrealistically and creates an imbalance in the ranked server playing field. In our opinion, these players are breaking EA's Terms of Service,
            and we have begun taking action on the clans involved. However, clan coordination to this extreme requires us to create a long-term solution for this (separate from any scoring changes in 1.03).

As a group, Ranked Partners included, we need to work together to aggressively crack down on any server that is found to be promoting stats exploiting in order to maintain the integrity of the stats system.

The following steps will be taken each time we locate a server exploiting through enforced admin rules:

1. Customer support will strip the stats from those caught on the server at the time of discovery and anyone sharing a clan tag with the offenders that seem to have any anomalous stats.

2. We will contact the Trusted Partner who has leased the instance in question to the offending clan and request that the clan is immediately moved over to a non-Ranked server.
            This clan should not be given an opportunity to lease another Ranked Server from said partner, as they have too many avenues of coordinating exploitative actions.

3. If said clan continues to have access to a Ranked server, we will be removing the IP of offending server from the validated list shortly after contacting the Ranked Partner connected with them.

Please keep in mind we are not holding the hosting partner responsible for the actions of these clients. Also note that the tools we need to employ if we reach step 3 may impact other clients you are hosting.
            Because of this, we do ask that each partner works to ensure that clans/groups that engage in this behavior are removed from your clientele. We have 'busted' a few servers already and those partners have been
            exceptional in their response to correct the errant behavior.

Notify your clients that if they are running their servers in the manner described above or in any manner which could be questionable that they must cease such actions and run pure servers.
            PS. That from our Full Technical Guide to Battlefield 2

Comment

oh thanks for telling me, well its good i found out now rather not have my stats stripped! even though i was disagreeing with them - im sure that wouldnt have helped me.

cheers mate

Comment

So, basically any server rule like attack uncap, bunnyhop, helipad/hangar cleaning, C4 cars etc is illegal? Then 95&#37; of servers are illegal

Knife/pistol servers exist and you get stats from them. If you join such server and use all weapons expect to be kicked/banned. That is how admins treat you

Comment

its sad =(

Comment

IMHO, pistol/knife servers should be allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
                      IMHO, pistol/knife servers should be allowed.
                      i suppose they seem like a fun idea

Comment

They are fun, I once played on a non-ranked k/p server a long time ago (hard to find). It was much more fun that some of the games played today. Of course, it probably would've lasted longer had it been ranked, with all the point whores and medics reviving everybody. Nevertheless, it was fun.

Comment

you've probs read somewhere that im a veteran CS player...and i just *heart* knifing players...the infamous "humilation" of cs is to knife someone. so an all knife/pisol server would be great in bf2 because its based on a larger scale than counter strike, not to mention the addition of vehicles on some maps make it even harder to get a knife kill.

Comment

If restricting certain weapons is illegal, then servers kicking me out for fighting while commanding are also illegal since they are restricting my weapons usage, further more not allowing me to fight back when I'm being shot at.

Comment

i def think all restrictions should be allowed/restricted u cant pick and choose...or shouldnt be able to anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X