Why wont bf2 open after patch installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wont bf2 open after patch installed

my bf2 wont open now after i patched it with the latest patch... is it bcuz my graphics car sucks?? when i click on bf2 it goes black and my monitor or sumthin makes a click noise twice then it sits for like 3 seconds and clicks twice again back to the desktop wtf? whut are some thing that are causing this?

Re: Why wont bf2 open after patch installed

have you tried deleting your cache?
    have you tried a complete reinstall?

and what are your full system specs?

Comment

by the way im doin this on a horrible computer.. and i dont kno how to delete my cache and yes ive completly reinstalled it a couple times ill get my system specs in a minute

My specs are

AMD Athlon Processor 748 MHz,
      320MB of RAM
      and a Geforce 5500 126MB

please tell me whut i would need to buy for an upgrade to play bf2 on atleast medium with almost no lag at all...

EDIT: i was gunna buy a geforce 8600GT 256MB and see if that helped any.. would it be able to play it on medium without lag or would i have to play it on low?

Comment

Do NOT buy a 8600GT, your processor and RAM are way to low to even get close to running that card, i doubt your pc even has the slot it needs.
        BF2's minimum requirements, from what i remember, you need atleast 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, and a DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (For Nvidia, GeForce 5700 or later).

Comment

what is ur budget for a new computer?

ull have to upgrade just about everything in that computer, so id jts buy a new one

to play medium settings, ull need at least a gig of ram, a 6600GT or better, and a decent average processor

Comment

ya ill have to save some money up to get a whole new computer... whuts a good computer that can run bf2 with upgrading anything for a low price?

Comment

Working...
            X