Dont you just hate it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont you just hate it

dont you just hate it when some idiots (sorry thats the only word for them) decide to punish u for a PURELY accidental TK

...there was this big noob today (hes not actually a noob..he was a captain) and i put 2 Claymores down the road infront of us - so we could see em but enemies cant (we had just captured a flag at the time) and i told him "Be careful of my claymores"...i wandered off and later found myself several points down cuz i got punished for Teamkilling him....i was so frustrated...not to mention he did it more than once =(

Re: Dont you just hate it

I know what you mean. I feel same way when I place claymores and I get punished for TK 10 times in a round. The sad part is that I make sure I warn my team in capital letters that I have a friendly claymore somewhere and not to go there. That is in case they are blind to see the big warning icon when they are near one. The idiots still go there and punish me for TK.

p.s. For the smart asses that will respond that I'm not supposed to place the claymores in high traffic areas, so where am I suppose to place them? Isn't the whole point of placing a claymore to put it where the people will go most likely. The difference is that friendlies get a warning/danger sign, enemies don't.

Comment

I don't mind it, i guess i've grown to accept almost all TK's are punished... I wouldn't advise laying claymores when FF mines is on, thats a guaranteed punish there.

Comment

Dont get me started on idiot killin themselves with clays, i play with the red skulls not on my screen and i still dont get killed by clays, i dont get how people get killled when the red skull is up. FFS it ent a mario powerup

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
          I know what you mean. I feel same way when I place claymores and I get punished for TK 10 times in a round. The sad part is that I make sure I warn my team in capital letters that I have a friendly claymore somewhere and not to go there. That is in case they are blind to see the big warning icon when they are near one. The idiots still go there and punish me for TK.

p.s. For the smart asses that will respond that I'm not supposed to place the claymores in high traffic areas, so where am I suppose to place them? Isn't the whole point of placing a claymore to put it where the people will go most likely. The difference is that friendlies get a warning/danger sign, enemies don't.
          The whole point of claymores is to use them to defend the area where you are sniping, not to go spamming them round alleys getting easy kills. Seriously, if you're stupid enough to put them in high traffic areas with FF on you deserve the punish.

Comment

Originally posted by lbmarshall View Post
            Dont get me started on idiot killin themselves with clays, i play with the red skulls not on my screen and i still dont get killed by clays, i dont get how people get killled when the red skull is up. FFS it ent a mario powerup
            If enemy is close claymore will blow up and if you happen to be nearby you die

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
              The whole point of claymores is to use them to defend the area where you are sniping, not to go spamming them round alleys getting easy kills. Seriously, if you're stupid enough to put them in high traffic areas with FF on you deserve the punish.
              The whole point of claymores is to place them where the enemy is most likely to go thru attacking your flag. They are supposed to defend your flag and area of control, not your sorry a$$. You and people like you are stupid, blind, and illiterate to even read the warnings that we type and still go over them.

Comment

mine was in not a very high traffic area (though i understand) it was because alot of ppl were chasing us and i knew if we stayed put wed get raped,

so i left the clays *sigh* i lost so many points, its not so much the loss of points though as how after i warned him about them he still killed himself and punished me =(

Comment

Originally posted by lbmarshall View Post
                  I'm not a big fan of claymores, since they are rarely used for what they are intended for (covering your A$$ while sniping). They are a cheap way to get kills in my book, but that's just how I feel.

If you choose to place them in high traffic areas to get kills, so be it, but live with the consequences of team kills. It's good to alert fellow teammates by typing, and most can see the red skull warning, but there are still cases (like when it's placed right behind a corner) where friendlies still get killed.

I don't punish for Claymore TK's (actually I rarely punish at all), but I get upset since they shouldn't be used as a primary means of holding the enemy back. Stick to guns and good tactics instead. Be a sniper first and use clays sparingly. Your team is trying to attack an area, don't hinder them by making them avoid tons of claymores.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Unlike some people that think that claymores are supposed to be placed on the ladder to cover their pus$y existance while they are sniping from the tower/building, I usually use claymores to defend a flag. I don't put them on the flag, but places where enemy is more likely to pass through on their way to my flag.

Comment

Unlike some people that think that claymores are supposed to be placed on the ladder to cover their pus$y existance while they are sniping from the tower/building, I usually use claymores to defend a flag. I don't put them on the flag, but places where enemy is more likely to pass through on their way to my flag.

And I usually run into those claymores on purpose (After spawning into them many many times by chance, there's only so much one can take) and hit page-down. Claymores aren't for defending flags, if you press "3", you'll see this long pole that is very useful for that purpose.

Comment

Few times when I have ran into friendly claymores or AT mines because of my own stupidity or inability to see the danger icon, I have pressed Page Up.
                        Btw I just pressed 3 and the only long pole I see infront of me is used for a different purpose.

Comment

The whole point of claymores is to place them where the enemy is most likely to go thru attacking your flag. They are supposed to defend your flag and area of control, not your sorry a$$. You and people like you are stupid, blind, and illiterate to even read the warnings that we type and still go over them.
                          Wrong they are intended to save your arse when you are on top of buildings or when sniping. The reason you are given them is because you only have a pistol to defend yourself. Yes any decent player will shoot them with the rifle then pistol them for an easy kill, but noobs, like you, need them to defend their arse.

You call me stupid, blind and illiterate all because i said you deserve the TK if you place them in alleyways? I assure you now, i always know what is going on around me, and my english skills are adequate. You're naive for even thinking that simply typing "ZOMG MY CLAYMORES ARE IN ALLEYWAY DON'T GO THERE" will even get noticed by the majority of your team!?

Or where people on your own team will spawn, run out and get toasted.

There's only 2 types of player that piss me off in BF2, G36Es and noob snipers, like you, that use their claymores instead of their guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
                            Wrong they are intended to save your arse when you are on top of buildings or when sniping. The reason you are given them is because you only have a pistol to defend yourself. Yes any decent player will shoot them with the rifle then pistol them for an easy kill, but noobs, like you, need them to defend their arse.
                            Evidently you are the one using claymores to save his own cowardly arse, not me. I clearly said what I use them for, and that wasn't placing them at spawn points around flags, I said places where enemy is likely to pass through on their way to my flag.

Comment

Evidently you are the one using claymores to save his own cowardly arse, not me. I clearly said what I use them for, and that wasn't placing them at spawn points around flags, I said places where enemy is likely to pass through on their way to my flag. Btw lets see your stats so we can tell who is the noob.
                              Lmao now you're the blind one, check my sigs >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X