Smartclose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartclose question

Does anyone here run a program called smart close, smartclose? How does it work after the new PB software upgrade? I normally use it to close all programs I dont need when I play BF2 but havent used it since the PB upgrade. I was wondering does it work ok or do they have a new version that works with the new PB? I looked all over the internet and cant find any info about this so I thought Id ask here.

Im running windows XP home edition sp2, and have an intel p4 3.2 gig cpu with an Asus mobo. It has 3 gigs of ram and a 120 gig sata drive installed and a 7800 GT OC video card with a sound card (I forgot what brand but it can do EAX and dolby 5.1 surround). I also am useing a 27 inch wide screen LCD monitor. For this question I dont thing my specs matter but in the sticky it said to list them so. . . . Thanks. . . . . . .Red

Re: Smartclose question

i use to use it but since i got my 2nd gig of ram, i dont bother, and i doubt ull need it either.

i thought with smartclose, u can choose wat programs u want to be protected from being closed. im sure its safe. it just shuts down stuff..doesnt delete anything, so if bf2 doesnt work, then just restart ur comp and it should be fine

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer! I think that you are right, I guess its just an old habbit I have. My computer does run fine with out it But I know, from reading other posts, that some people are running BF2 on older setups and are about at the limit of what thier hardware can do. The easiest way to make things better is to reduce the number of programs running in the background and smartclose is the easiest way for a novice, someone new to FPS games, to do this. Thanks for the answer! . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Not much of a point to it, is there? Your process list should be trimmed in any case, smartclose or not. I have 26 running processes, with room to trim off 9/10 more (without firewall/anti-virus).

Different story on Vista, of course.

Comment

Working...
        X