Killed By Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killed By Essex

When playing Wake whilst on the the Chinese side, Ive noticed that if you stand/lay near the anti Air defense near the beach, you take random health hits until you die and receive, "You were killed by Essex". If you move away from it, it stops. Is this a bug?

Re: Killed By Essex

Maybe, much like the TOW on sharqi, someone is lining up the shot with the rear Essex mini-gun and shooting in the direction of the AA gun?

Comment

Never seen or heard of that.. are you sure someone wasn't spraying the LHD guns at the beach?

They do have the range capability to hit the AA site.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19 View Post
        When playing Wake whilst on the the Chinese side, Ive noticed that if you stand/lay near the anti Air defense near the beach, you take random health hits until you die and receive, "You were killed by Essex". If you move away from it, it stops. Is this a bug?
        It happens at certain trees too. I ran by a tree and all of the sudden the Essex was attacking me (random explosions focused at the center of the tree)

Comment

It's someone pixel aiming, you dopes. It takes a bit of practice but you can hit halfway across the map with the carrier guns. On Sharqi, the TOW at the Hotel can be used to blow both helis. If your timing is good, you can keep the enemy heli permanently grounded.

Comment

Pixel aiming is exceptionally hard to do, but once it's done; it's like divine intervention watching the MEC helicopter blow up from a single TOW shot from halfway across the map.

Oh the hack whines.

Comment

Just had this happen to me on Sharqi the other day. I dont fly heli's but I was on top of the TV station with a sniper rifle and I was standing in the corner by the heli pad shooting at the MEC guys rushing over that hill on the left when I got a TOW missile right in the face. Must have been a one in a million shot.

Comment

If it is actually the Essex guns, wouldnt there be some kind of indication? There is no sound and no visual clue that anyone is shooting.

Comment

No, I got killed while in the AA at north village many time by the essex and the only thing you see is the streaks from the bullets and you have to really look for them.

If you refer to this topic,

it appears the guy was shooting from across the map, imo you were getting killed by a hacker in much the same way only this guy was using the essex gun.

Comment

Working...
                  X