High Point Servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Point Servers?

Quick question about these servers, are they illegal? I see so many of them I wonder if it against ROE to play on them. I could see why they might be illegal, but i can also see why they might be legal.

Re: High Point Servers?

Yes. Because you'll get more points IAR, and that's not fair.

Comment

Ok...that was easy

Comment

the only REAL advantage is getting medals easier... i've heard that they are illegal though.

Comment

Okay can I add something to your topic saving making a new one. Can someone explain is it okay to attack uncap flags so long as you don't take out the other side and only going for the artillery, uav and scan is that okay. Some servers say not to other say it okay so long as you only attack the uav as special ops. And why do some server say it okay to attack the uncap and others say not too.

Bit confused as the ROE say the following "Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of un-captureable bases. However, in such cases, attacking the base with reasonable intent to take out assets (artillery, command outpost or radar) are acceptable."

Comment

As long as you go for commander assets, it's ok for spec ops to go in uncaps(at least in the servers i play in)

Comment

in the term of baseraping....it totally depends on the server/admins. attacking assests are usually 99.9% okay. attacking uncappables as infantry is usually okay. its just theconstant bombing from jets that makes the game unpleasant for alot of ppl.

and i doubtu ll get reset for doing that. u only risk being banned from the server

Comment

SAK IO always works for me.

Comment

As long as there are no restrictions on the weapons or vehicles you can use, "High Points" servers ARE legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
                    SAK IO always works for me.
                    Irrelevant to the thread. Therefore, spam.

Comment

For example::

It is perfectly legit to have 64 players on a 16 player sized map. Its perfectly legit to have 16 players on a 64 player sized map.

Nowhere in the ROE does it say contrary to the above statment.
                      I challenge anyone to prove this wrong via the BF2ROE.

Comment

People complaining about base raping an uncap after their team has a flag on the mainland need to stop having a suntan on the Essex whilst in line for a jet/helo.

Comment

Originally posted by nadicus View Post
                          For example::

It is perfectly legit to have 64 players on a 16 player sized map. Its perfectly legit to have 16 players on a 64 player sized map.

Nowhere in the ROE does it say contrary to the above statment.
                          I challenge anyone to prove this wrong via the BF2ROE.
                          64 players on a 16 player sized map?

Comment

What is a high point server exactly? I've heard about them but never played or looked into one. How do you actually get more points? Or is it like the guy above said, low players in a 64 sized map?

Comment

It's low players on a 64 sized map. So only 32 people but with 300 tickets, so the rounds last much longer. It's a really easy way to get expert combat badges.

I read somewhere, though, that the amount of points you actually get is the same as on any server. a "high point" server could last around 40 - 60 minutes and you could end up with a score of 120. Then you could play on a regular 64/64 server where the rounds only last 15 - 20 minutes and make 120 in the same amount of time, but in more rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X