Can't login to account server - check network connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't login to account server - check network connection

First, I was getting kicked by PB for the no packet flow error and ignoring query errors, so I updated PB and the pbsvc according to the instructions given by EA and evenbalance.

Now, I can no longer even log in to my account on the BF2 log in screen. It tells me to check my internet connection, which is fine. I've reset modem and router and that hasn't helped, so I'm sure it isn't a connection issue.

Anyone else having this problem?

Also, after installing the PB updates it takes a long time for the EA games splash screen to appear, not sure what is going on there either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Can't login to account server - check network connection

I am having the exact same problem, please, can someone help!?

EDIT: Dammit, mine happens when I try to connect to a internet server... I think I will start a new thread for help.

Comment

turn off windows firewall or any others you have running.. they are not needed if you keep your computer clean of junk to begin with.

Comment

Does not help. Have already tried with the computer connected to the router. (the other one with the actual modem is to crap to use, I have a ethernet cabel running from the router to the PC)

Comment

This could be an issue bigger than just BF2. This could be an internet issue. I've been having problems with web pages loading and other internet issues. I read on a tech forum that it could be a Microsoft update causing problems or an internet provider DNS issues. My internet provider is Mediacom and I've had a ton of service problems lately. Might just have to wait this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by OminousLull View Post
            This could be an issue bigger than just BF2. This could be an internet issue. I've been having problems with web pages loading and other internet issues. I read on a tech forum that it could be a Microsoft update causing problems or an internet provider DNS issues. My internet provider is Mediacom and I've had a ton of service problems lately. Might just have to wait this one out.
            well sure it could be the ISP's problem but if you haven't called already after having this games issue and problems surfing or staying connected then you need to do so and not posting about a BF2 problem only on here..its miss leading.

Comment

I've had a Mediacom tech come out to my house, they couldn't find a problem. I've done research on the web and have found other people with web sites not loading on the first try:

Nobody here has found a solution to the PB/BF2 problems, and I don't think they will. I'm not trying to be misleading just looking at the whole problem. If you have a solution I would like to hear it.

Comment

I was able to fix my problem. First, I did test the internet connection and had no problems running the speed tests at dslreports.com, so I don't believe the internet connection was the problem here. I also in Windows Vista Ultimate tried to turn off the firewall and connect, still no luck. I tried all the things I could find in regards to allowing punkbuster to work in the operating system. I followed evenbalance's instructions in updating with the new pbsvc files, still no luck. I next uninstalled both BF2 and BF2142, both games that I play that have punkbuster and reinstalled them both. They both still would not work. This led me to believe there was a problem (at least on my pc) with Vista and punkbuster.

So, I uninstalled windows vista and went back to good old reliable windows xp. No issues after installing XP.

Comment

Sounds like you've been busy! I'm running XP also and keep having the problems, but I'm running XP 64-bit. I've been wondering if it's a 64 os issue. PB runs in 32 bit, but the programs reside in sysWOW64 folder, not the system32 folder. I manually moved them to the 32 folder and they still worked, but the problems were still there. I also noted that there is more than one PnkBstrB.exe program on my computer, one in the system folder with the A program and one in BF2 pb folder. Both B programs can't run at the same time so why is there more than one?

Keep us posted if the problem comes back or not.

Comment

OminousLull,

I was running 32 bit ultimate and the 32 bit version of XP, so it may not be a 32 bit and 64 bit incompatibility. I've been up and running now since Sunday night on XP with no issues.

I hate having to re-install all of my programs, it's such a pain. I think I'll hold off on Vista until they release a service pack and it becomes a little more gamer friendly.

Comment

I really can't figure this one out. I have a friend accross town and he says he gets no errors with PB. The only difference that I could think of is I'm running 64. I installed a custom map and had some problems with the game crashing and he suggested it could have messed up PB. I don't know.

I'm very tempeted by Vista but I don't think I will install til after the first of the year. Hopefully SP1 will fix some issues. Also seems Windows is still not ready for a 64-bit os, even though 64-bit processors have been out for years.

Comment

Working...
                      X