Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Xfire stats full of shart?

Hi.
    I was looking @ xfire today as a friend pointed me to the "top game" statistics.
    Is it possible COD2 is that big? Its almost 4x the time of BF2 and twice that of CSS. I dont know ANYBODY who plays COD2. Why does it have so many hours?
    And are there any other metrics of the most played PC games that might balance this?

*edit* Look @ gamespys stats.. COD2 Barely has anything at all...

Re: Is Xfire stats full of shart?

I know of quite a few people that play COD2; they are all European mainly from the Netherlands. From my understanding, COD2 is very popular in Europe.

Comment

lol CS1.6 is still on that list

Comment

Originally posted by nobodydan View Post
        Hi.
        I was looking @ xfire today as a friend pointed me to the "top game" statistics.
        Is it possible COD2 is that big? Its almost 4x the time of BF2 and twice that of CSS. I dont know ANYBODY who plays COD2. Why does it have so many hours?
        And are there any other metrics of the most played PC games that might balance this?

*edit* Look @ gamespys stats.. COD2 Barely has anything at all...
        http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

You need to remember these stats are based on XFire users. Not the general gaming community. It means these hours are recorded with XFire open. Not every BF2, CS, or even WoW player has their XFire open for the minutes to be recorded.

Comment

I rarely play bf2 with xfire open.. I know alot of people keep it closed when playing BF2 for many reasons.

Comment

well i'm sure that there are many people that ply CoD2 with Xfire closed.

Comment

CoD2 is jokes in lan, otherwise its boring!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                well i'm sure that there are many people that ply CoD2 with Xfire closed.
                Right, any many other people play many other games with XFire closed. Thus, the XFire rankings for the most played game is not accurate in the least bit (with the exception of Warcraft.)

Comment

Originally posted by MassKiller
                  Right, any many other people play many other games with XFire closed. Thus, the XFire rankings for the most played game is not accurate in the least bit (with the exception of Warcraft.)
                  I'd say it's about 1/4 of what actual overall time is spent playing WoW; You have to remember they don't like showing 40 hours in one weeks for a guild/clan raid.

Comment

I saw true stats for CS1.6 play time, and the numbers are massively bigger than the whoe Xfire list combined.

Comment

Well you have to consider that it only counts how many people currently logged-in to Xfire and of those how many hours they spent playing.

If you're not logged into Xfire, or don't even have it. Then it's not tracking it.

Comment

Working...
                      X