Project Reality for Crysis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality for Crysis?

We all know it would be freakin' sweet. Let's just get the ideas and conversation rolling.

----------------------

Re: Project Reality for Crysis?

The team are interested in eventually moving to another engine, but that won't be for a while - not until PR v1.0 is out the door at least.

The problem with Crysis for me, anyway) is that the MP portion of the game seems like an afterthought. It seems like a SP game with MP tacked on hastily.

Comment

There are current MOD developers already working side by side with Crytek right now.

Crysis will be a great game.. slowing things down with a MOD like PR wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

the unreal engine is the most viable current candidate but PR will not be moving anytime soon (sadly imo)
        like Garabaldi said, Crysis has everything to prove and is primarily a singleplayer game with deathmatch tacked on as a novelty.

Comment

*yawn* soo many of these topics...

crysis although it make look really good is in fact not the kind of engine we need for our mod. Let me start with the main bit that Crysis is really a SP game, with MP shuved in as an after though as these days you cant release a FPS nor really many games without some sort of MP support. The MP in Crysis is pretty well, a dumbed down version of the SP game. It looses many of its features like destructible dynamic buildings to save on net code lag and one of the much more important areas, it only supports 32 players (16vs16) max where even 64 on BF2 is not quite what we want for PR.

some bits of crysis are nice but I dont see us ever making a mod on it.

We dont even know what we are going to do after PR is finished, never may make another version of PR you dunno at this stage. All I can say is that even thou BF2 is a very limited engine, the sad truth is its the best engine for us at this time and we plan on finishing what we started.

Comment

How can you do PR on Crysis, he has the funky suit for starters, hows that reality?

Comment

Originally posted by HeatFlare View Post
              How can you do PR on Crysis, he has the funky suit for starters, hows that reality?
              you would start from scratch. Its like saying how can the FH team make a WW2 mod for BF2 when its a modern combat game

thats if we where going to btw

Comment

Ideally any mod team will probably never want to work with a game that has such a soul destroying stats system that prevents the core of players even wanting to look at the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
                  Ideally any mod team will probably never want to work with a game that has such a soul destroying stats system that prevents the core of players even wanting to look at the mods.
                  i suggest frontlinefuels of war made by the team who made dc for 1942 and will ship with a mod tool and has support for 4 players just like bf2.

Comment

Put it this way, its like having PR on CoD2.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                      There are current MOD developers already working side by side with Crytek right now.

Crysis will be a great game.. slowing things down with a MOD like PR wouldn't be a good idea.

My roommate is actually working for the Obsidian Edge Crysis mod team, and they have been working, not quite side by side, but quite intently with the crytek developers. Thats the only way they were able to get the modding software so early, crytek wants to make sure there are going to be good mods when the game is released, or shortly after.
                      As far as what HeatFlare said, I agree with Rhino's response. The whole point of modding is starting from scratch and making your own game using only the engine as a construct. You can even change that if you really want to. The crytek is so much more advanced than the bf2 engine in a lot of ways, could make for some good PR aspects. You say that Crysis isn't a multiplayer enhanced game, WELL MAKE IT ONE. That just gives you all the potential to make it better.
                      I also agree with Rhino on the fact of smaller online servers, only up to 32 players, well I guess that just means there needs to be maps and modes geared more towards 2 or 3 squads per team. That would still be fun.

Just imagine playing some sweet Project Reality FPS through some elaborate jungles with beautiful crytek graphics. What are we waiting for?

Comment

Working...
                      X