Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Vista 64 problem

I know there's a few but here's mine.

All was working fine for 2 months or so but now at random my PC crashes. The game freezes completely and the sound stutters on a loop untill I do a hard reboot. The screen doesn't go black, the game freezes.

I have a core Duo E6600, 2 GB DDR2 Ram, 8800 GTS 320 MB card, onboard sound, lots of space on my Hard Drive and running Vista 64 Ultimate.

I have applied the so called Microsoft hotfixes, I have the game running as administrator and in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode.

Any suggestions are welcome! The longest I can play is probably 15 mins, but sometimes it's as little as 2 mins.

Cheeze

Re: BF2 Vista 64 problem

Make sure all of your drivers are updated to the newest ones, this can cause the crashes, also the DirectX make sure youv got the newest version downloaded!

Also Make sure you'v got the new Punkbuster installed see the punkbuster thread for my details!

Besta Lux

Comment

Based on what I have seen,

best driver for Vista so far.

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

DirectX update. You don't say what motherboard so you're on your own for that.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, ues I am running the newest release of DirectX, released today by the looks of it.

My motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe.

I also have the 163.44 drivers.

I've just been playing, around 20 minutes and the same crash.

Tearing my hair out now.

Comment

Any BSOD? Overclocking?

Comment

Try process of elimination. Disable the onboard sound in Device Manger and see if the crash still occurs. If not try something else, if it does then it time to start trying different drivers till you don't get the crash (is it a Realtek or ADI chip, too lazy to look it up).

Comment

Think it's a realtek, and no BSOD's, no overclocking. Even tried the trick of all settings to low in game. No luck. I've also tried a fresh install. I'm gonna try doing a system restore from before I got the crashes.

Comment

Fresh install and still the same crash, I'm thinking maybe it's more sound related than graphics...

Comment

It played fine for months, and then starts crashing, sounds to me like something is over-heating or starting to go out. Maybe a fan or dust. Whens the last time you blew all the dust out of the case? After that, check through the Bios to make sure there are no voltage problems. Then, on to some performance testing, then...could be alot of stuff. Sure you already check device manager for any conflicts. IMO crashes are usually more hardware issues than software, but don't leave anything out when troubleshooting. Good luck with, I know it can be maddening.

Comment

Working...
                  X