Patch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Problem

Hi, i've just installed the patch from buying Battlefield 2 Yesterday and i come on this morning it says Patch Is Complete, restart my computer and go to load BF2 up it goes black as it does and takes me back to the desktop again, tried it 3 more times hasn't worked, restarted and tried again and nothing.

Could someone help me please.

James Bellinger-Brown

Re: Patch Problem

Originally posted by pm4bellingerj View Post
    Hi, i've just installed the patch from buying Battlefield 2 Yesterday and i come on this morning it says Patch Is Complete, restart my computer and go to load BF2 up it goes black as it does and takes me back to the desktop again, tried it 3 more times hasn't worked, restarted and tried again and nothing.

Could someone help me please.

James Bellinger-Brown
    First, we need specs of your rig though, coz Bf won't work on a integrated gfx card. (intel)

A lot of people have this problem. BF is just unbelieveable driver sensitive, thats the problem.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed before installing BF. (audio, video, chipset, directx. etc etc.. )

Do these things first and let us know if it runs or not..

Comment

I have a

Intel Celeron D 3.2Ghz
      Don't Know Motherboard
      80GB Hardrive
      512 Ram DDR2 (667)
      ATI x200 GPU
      It's a Compaq System

And plus i was playing it yesterday when the patch wasn't installed, i'll go through all my drivers to make sure there all up to date. Could it be my graphics card maybe, i was playing fine yesterday though before the patch got installed

James Bellinger-Brown

Comment

I have a

Intel Celeron D 3.2Ghz
        Don't Know Motherboard
        80GB Hardrive
        512 Ram DDR2 (667)
        ATI x200 GPU
        It's a Compaq System

And plus i was playing it yesterday when the patch wasn't installed, i'll go through all my drivers to make sure there all up to date. Could it be my graphics card maybe, i was playing fine yesterday though before the patch got installed

James Bellinger-Brown

Since you already seen this game running, you gfx card should handle it fine..

It must be your drivers..

Note: 512 Mb is a little to less to run BF smooth, even on low.
        It should start though....

Comment

Just been talking to Alex_98 he's advised me to buy a Nvidia 7600GT where i was initially going to buy a 7300LE, £10 extra, not bad and then i need 2 grab some ram, at the moment though i'm reinstalling the Patch as Alex advised and if not to uninstall BF2 and reinstall so if it still doesn't work at the end of the few crucial upgrades i've gotta do i'll come back to Thanks Alot Link and Alex and cheers for speaking to me so fast

Comment

Just been talking to Alex_98 he's advised me to buy a Nvidia 7600GT where i was initially going to buy a 7300LE, £10 extra, not bad and then i need 2 grab some ram, at the moment though i'm reinstalling the Patch as Alex advised and if not to uninstall BF2 and reinstall so if it still doesn't work at the end of the few crucial upgrades i've gotta do i'll come back to Thanks Alot Link and Alex and cheers for speaking to me so fast
            No problem, hope you get it running..

Comment

Thanks well Stage 1 Failed i.e Reinstall Patch 1.41. I have uninstalled it and backing up all the patch on a cd so when i go through it with C88p Cleaner it doesn't wipe the patch.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X