bf2 crashes to desktop after intro splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 crashes to desktop after intro splash screen

I am completely frustrated. I've been looking on forums after forums for the last week as to what the issue is with my game, but to no prevail. Seems like I've tried most everything.

My hardware specs all passed on the EasyInfo provided by EA. The only thing that didnt pass was the video card, which said "unknown compatability." My card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT. I did swap out my old video card and install this new card. My motherboard is an ASUS K8V-SE. Could there still be some sort of video card conflict even though the 7600GT is the only one that shows up in the device manager???

I called EA and they said the card should run the game, but yet the game still crashes on the splash screen. I've tried manually uninstalling (as recommended by EA), deleted all the registry entries, restarted....and installed again. Still nothing. Same thing. Tried playing around with the refresh rates, window mode, etc etc etc. All of the recommended steps on EA, i've done all of them. I have the newest NVDIDIA drivers, 1.41 patch, etc.

I even tried swapping out my monitor with my roommate's monitor that run's the game just fine, and still the same issue.

If anyone has an idea as to why it's not running, I would be much less stressed out. My other games seem to work flawlessly (less demanding), so I am out of ideas.

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I have looked through hundreds of forums in the last week so they are all blurring together.

Thanks again,

Andy

Re: bf2 crashes to desktop after intro splash screen

just to be safe, do a full uninstall of ur video card drivers. download DriverCleaner Pro. boot up in safe mode (hit F8 upon booting up) and run drivercleaner pro. then boot up again into normal windows and install new drivers.

Comment

Re: bf2 crashes to desktop after intro splash screen

after a week of troubleshooting, i finally got BF2 to run. what a relief!!

I manually removed BF2, removed all BF2 registry entries, restarted, did a custom install of BF2 only, ran the 1.41 patch, installed the remaining expansions and booster packs, and ran the 1.41 patch at the very end of the install. Restarted PC, and it works!!!

Comment

Working...
      X