pnkbstrB problem.. anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pnkbstrB problem.. anyone ?

heres my problem, when i reboot the system both punkbusters will be "running" (they are on automatic) ... then i play the game and when i join a server, within 1 minute i will be brought to the desktop with it saying that "punkbuster B" has been closed which then causes me to be kicked from the server and for a moment appears on the services as "stopped" ... when i leave the game and look at what is running in services however both A and B are once again "running"

how do i get punkbuster B to not "stop working" during gameplay? it just will not stay working no matter what server i'm on. i have never had this problem before up till 2 days ago. i reinstalled the game and i also updated punkbuster. can someone help me?

Re: pnkbstrB problem.. anyone ?

It's a sticky in this forum. Search before you post.

Comment

i went through the sticky a few times now.... i didn't see no solution to what is going on here that is why im posting

Comment

Originally posted by kr4z30g View Post
        i went through the sticky a few times now.... i didn't see no solution to what is going on here that is why im posting
        turn off any firewalls you have running and get a router..it has a built in hardware firewall.. if you keep your computer clean of viruses and spyware you have no need for restricting software firewalls... sure punkbuster caused the issue from the root..but there is really no need for software firewalls if your a least bit smart to keep your own computer clean.

Comment

i do not have any firewalls running nor have i ever, i use a router...

Comment

Originally posted by sava700
            turn off any firewalls you have running and get a router..it has a built in hardware firewall.. if you keep your computer clean of viruses and spyware you have no need for restricting software firewalls... sure punkbuster caused the issue from the root..but there is really no need for software firewalls if your a least bit smart to keep your own computer clean.
            mocking people on the internet does not make u smarter.

here u go.....

that was hard

Comment

ok, as you can tell i was very frustrated with my problem that i could not find a solution to, BUT I FOUND IT! no it wasn't from anyone giving advice on a forum but it was actually EA tech support (online ticket) -- i was so surprised that they replied to me within 10 hours. then i tried the first directions he told me to do and WOOOH, the game works

it appears that the new pb can "hide" in certain places on your registry even if you use your pbsvc or uninstall the game. basically what i had to do is COMPLETELY remove pb from my computer by not only running pbsvc but also going into my registry with regedit and deleting a few things.

i could not believe it worked! THANK YOU EA. THANK YOU THOSE WHO TRIED TO HELP ME. SCREW OFF PUNKBUSTER! (and those that think they know everything and prefer to critisize someone asking for help instead of admitting they don't have a clue)

Comment

Working...
              X