Inspired by Little League World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspired by Little League World Series

Watch the 11 year olds play reminded me of BF2 and I was stuck by a new rule they have. No pitcher is allowed to throw more then 85 pitches in a game. The idea is to prevent a team with some phenom from winning based on one persons skill.

So what? How about applying this to plane/helo whores. More than once I have been on a server where the SU-34 has made jumping in any vehicle a death sentence. The real answer is to have someone who is good in the air counter him, but if there is no such person, the entire game is ruined by a single whore.

It would be sweet to say one player cannot spend more than X% of the round in aircraft. Ofcourse this will never happen due to plane whore tantrum/backlash. Remember when ground AA actually worked for a very short time. My god, I thought the plane whores were about to march on Washington.

Re: Inspired by Little League World Series

It probably also has a lot to do with the fact that they don't want good pitchers to screw up their arms. They simply do not have the endurance of more mature players.

As to your idea - eh, who cares about the planes. 90% of the time, the team with the uber pilot loses.

Comment

Good point about preventing injury...and yes the uber pilot is uninterested in team play or flag capture.

Comment

so wat happens if u havent been shot down and ur "time" is up. do u spontaneously explode in the jet?

Comment

Definitely!!

Comment

And I get the kill!

Comment

I actually live mins from where the Little League World Series is played in Williamsport, PA and try to make it to at least 1 game a year.

I think the rule is fine. Like someone said, you don't want kids being "pushed" too far and hurting their arms. They do the same with rookie pictures in the big leagues, by stating them out as relievers and then gradually turning them into starters.

Remember the false birth certificates from some of the little leaguers a while back? 15 year olds playing with 11-13 year olds. I wonder if some of these kids are being pumped with "performance enhancing drugs". lol :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
                I actually live mins from where the Little League World Series is played in Williamsport, PA and try to make it to at least 1 game a year.

I think the rule is fine. Like someone said, you don't want kids being "pushed" too far and hurting their arms. They do the same with rookie pictures in the big leagues, by stating them out as relievers and then gradually turning them into starters.

Remember the false birth certificates from some of the little leaguers a while back? 15 year olds playing with 11-13 year olds. I wonder if some of these kids are being pumped with "performance enhancing drugs". lol :laugh:
                I love those rookie pictures.

I was there this year and used my digital camera to take lots of pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                  It probably also has a lot to do with the fact that they don't want good pitchers to screw up their arms. They simply do not have the endurance of more mature players.
                  exactly.

Comment

well in an 18 out game it is possible for a pitcher to stay under 85 pitches. It was meant to keep players from being injured.

Comment

This is a terrible idea. I'm not even a plane whore. In fact, I don't think you know what a plane whore is.

In my mind, someone who can use planes effectively and the way they were meant to be used is not a plane whore. A plane whore is someone who teamkills for jets, forces teamkills when someone takes a plane before them, uses a jet ineffectively but refuses to give it up, or flys around in a plane even when there are no flags left.

I can appreciate someone using a bomber to destroy a tank or APC, because that is his job. Sure, pilots can't cap flags, but it doesn't mean they are selfish players. They just contribute in a different way. By destroying that tank or APC defending the flag, they are allowing a squad to move in and cap the flag. It may be annoying to the tank and APC drivers, but hey, that's the POINT. They aren't "whores" just because they are killing you.

The entire idea is just a bitter thought from someone who can't shoot down jets. The problem isn't these so called "plane whores", it's the ineffectiveness of the AA capabilities in this game. The mounted AA guns are jokes and the only real defense to a good pilot is another good pilot. Even then, on maps like Wake, the J-10 is so overpowered that a good American pilot needs to get lucky to shoot one down.

I don't think it's fair to call someone a plane whore just because he is using a plane to it's full potential. It's like calling one of the little league players you described a pitching whore

Comment

Working...
                      X