Why Is No One Helping Me?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is No One Helping Me?!?!?

Please take the time to read this... I know this looks like a lot to read but do not go away!!! It'll only take you 1 minute!!

Okay well I am fairly new to Project Reality and if you look around on these forums you will see that I have a few threads posted concerning my experience playing pr. Most of the time people leave a few notes and then the thread closes so if you can help than please do so... That would just make it the best day in my life! The bottom line is I can't wait to play Project Reality but I can't... and here's why...

(I downloaded v0.6 from this site which is probably the best place to get this mod I'm assuming...)

1. When I click on the pr shortcut the game starts but when I click on Single Player, Multiplayer, or Community the game crashes! :dead: So I deleted all the shortcuts including the guide and such that came with the download. Then I discovered if I start the game manually by clicking on the BF2 then logging in, then community, then custom games, then pr/actvate it works just fine! It also works when I start it from Modjive... So I dont care about the game crashing anymore which usually happened with all my mods that I started from the shortcut so now I just start them all from Modjive (or sometimes manually) but the point is they all work.

2. So then I noticed there is no single player with pr which is fine but I always play SP first on a mod before I go online. I know where to get the SP/Coop maps but do not have any yet... I noticed you have to have winrar to install them but I figured if you know any .zip files then I would be so happy to get my hands on those because I figured since I already have winzip then it could save some time but it really don't matter much to me...

3. But when I do try to join an online server there are no servers showing up! I have my internet filters down to the following: "same mod, same version, punkbuster, and small/medium/and large maps." Tell me if this is correct. I also changed the drop down menu in the upper right corner from "conquest" to "all" so I can join any server playing any type of game... still nothing!!! :cussing:

I love the effort put into this mod and I've posted for help on other threads before on the same topic but I don't ever get an answer that helps a lot... usually it's something like make sure you have the most recent version. (which is v0.6 right?? I also have v1.41 for Vanilla BF2, so I don't think that is the problem here)

Also on one of my last posts someone told me the more recent version for pr is v0.609 which I don't see advertised on this site but I imagine it's the same as v0.6.

I'd like to peform a little test with playing online with pr... here's my little idea... If you are an admin for a server or know an IP address off the top of your head then please post it here to see if it is possible to join even though no servers are showing up! I know this was a lot to read but I need help! PLEAAASE ALLOW ME TO PLAY THIS MOD!!! :wall:

Im pretty sure I installed the client and I know FOR SURE that I have the ranked box UNchecked... OOPS! Everybody ignore that...

***Seriously... I've thought of everything! :cry:

Re: Why Is No One Helping Me?!?!?

1. re install then problem fixed

2. by the time it took you to type that you coulda dled winrar and installed it.

3.uncheck pb and same version. should fix it.

Comment

Somebody tell me because I have v0.6 and on the PR forums @ www.realitymod.com somebody told me that the reason that no servers were showing up was the fact that the newest version is actually v0.609!!

What do you guys think... is he trippin'?? Or is that for real?

Either way I find it strange that I downloaded PR from the files tab on their own site but it did say v0.6 and not v0.609 so I'm putting my money on the fact that I just need to uninstall the one I have and google for this so-called v0.609 because that has got to be the only problem I can imagine...

Originally posted by M-249 jblankster View Post
      1. re install then problem fixed

2. by the time it took you to type that you coulda dled winrar and installed it.

3.uncheck pb and same version. should fix it.
      And pb = what?

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex View Post
        Somebody tell me because I have v0.6 and on the PR forums @ www.realitymod.com somebody told me that the reason that no servers were showing up was the fact that the newest version is actually v0.609!!

Either way I find it strange that I downloaded PR from the files tab on their own site but it did say v0.6 and not v0.609 so I'm putting my money on the fact that I just need to uninstall the one I have and google for this so-called v0.609 because that has got to be the only problem I can imagine...
        What file did you download? Mine is pr_0609_setup.exe . AFAIK that is the official 0.6 release; anything earlier would be a beta or something.
        And pb = what?
        Punkbuster

Also, IZArc and 7-Zip are free programs that open .rar and .zip files (among others).
        IZArc is the easiest way to Zip, Unzip and Encrypt files for free

, archiver, compression, zip, best, compress, high, ratio, free, gnu, lgpl, unzip, far, win32, 7zip, long, file, names

Note that WinZip and WinRAR are not free even though they are nice enough not to disable themselves after the trial period.

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex View Post

And pb = what?

Yeah man, 0.609 he's telln you the truth

Comment

Ok thanks guys... I'm pretty sure I have the right one installed though because in the .exe file there was no "beta" in the filename and I do remember it being like pr_0609_setup.exe or something so it has to be that... plus I don't think I downloaded the server files because the size of the folder is like 1.65 gigabytes or something... seems resonable for a game/mod/

Yeah I don't really know what to say... So many have helped me on the actual Project Reality forums site as well and I haven't read all the posts there which is well over 80 so I have to try some of those ideas now... I'll let you know how it goes...

***awww, this process is making me sick. :dead:

Comment

Working...
            X