Armed Assault(ArmA)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault(ArmA)!!!

Its been awhile since I have been on the forums... I just came back and saw nothing really has changed that much. I must say ArmA has stolen me. Its like what BF2 should have been. Granted the minnor details might not be as good as BF2. The gameplay totaly makes up for it. At first I was turned off by floating sights. I am so used to having the gun go where I point it.... Once I found out you can turn the floating sights off(easlily at that. Probably one of the best games I have played. Anyway back into game. Enjoy this POS bf2.

Re: Armed Assault(ArmA)!!!

I like ArmA too but can not get the patch to work how can I fix that

Comment

Pretty simple to get 1.08 patch working. Did you install the beta? Do you have the download version?

Comment

ArmA is what BF2 should have been? Why? None of the previous iterations of the series have been simulations - which ArmA is. BF2 was meant as an arcade game - ArmA is a military simulation.

But yeah.. good game.

Comment

Originally posted by hemimotorz
          Pretty simple to get 1.08 patch working. Did you install the beta? Do you have the download version?
          No i did not do that tanks man

Comment

I recently downloaded the realism sound effects add-on and it rocks ***. With the enhanced effects and smoke addon the game looks, sounds and just is 10 times better. Fights that take place at 700+ m distances are just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1 View Post
              No i did not do that tanks man

Well thats ok.... Just make sure you have the full 1.08. When you install it you have to install it for the version you have. As in the sproket version, atari version, 505 version.... and so on.

Comment

ty i will remember that

Comment

i must admit i have been tempted to get this game,whats the sniping like?.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzili View Post
                    Much more realistic than vBF2. There's even an addon that adds elevation and windage adjustments.

Ingin mencoba slot Pragmatic Play terbaru tanpa deposit? JOKER99 hadir dengan demo slot Pragmatic terlengkap! Mainkan Gates of Olympus, Sweet Bonanza, dan lainnya. Gratis, seru, dan tanpa risiko!

Comment

Originally posted by Verzili View Post
                      I like the sniping in here because u got to take your time and make sure no one can see you.

Comment

My brother downloaded the demo of the game, and we both thought it was really awful..the graphics werent nearly as good as BF2 graphics when all the settings are on high, and on single player the voice overs of your teammates sound so bad, for example: when they spot a "rifleman" they will say: Man....spotted... Is it just me or do they dont know how to say rifle?

Comment

The demo wasn't a good representation of the game - everybody who I have spoken to has hated to demo, but absolutely lved the full product.

The graphics are phenomenal, and superior to BF2 when at full - but unfortunately, not many computers can run it with all the settings maxed. The true beauty is the view distance (10000 metres) and size of the island (40 square km). BF2 isn't capable of anything near those two values.

The reason the voice overs aren't very good is because of the sheer number of combinations of things to spot out - they need to name if it's friendly or enemy, the distance, the type of unit, and the exact type of unit. There are addons that improve the voice-overs, and every other aspect of the game. It's very moddable. There are tens of thousands of custom missions, add-ons and islands for OFP (the spritual prequel to ArmA), and the same will be true for ArmA eventually.

Comment

Working...
                          X