No announcement yet.

BF2 vista 8700m gt CTD ! HELP HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 vista 8700m gt CTD ! HELP HELP !

Just set the refresh rate to 60Hz on your desktop and it should work. If it's 59.44, add a custom resolution/refresh of 60Hz.

Comment

yh the rate is wrong get it to 60

Comment

i had problems exactly as you... i went through an alienware laptop, then the new hp9500t, and both of those did exactly what it is doing with yours. but then i bought my toshiba x200 and it worked flawless... very weird that your getting the problem on teh same system i have

Comment

- Which OS are you running?

- Are you trying launching the game while already connected to the internet, or are you trying to use in SP mode?

- Also, go to your \mydocuments\battlefield2\mods\bf2\cache\(delete everything that is here)

- In the "manual" that comes with the BF2 box it says that they cannot guarantee that BF2 will work on laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by dremanu View Post
            - Which OS are you running?

- Are you trying launching the game while already connected to the internet, or are you trying to use in SP mode?

- Also, go to your \mydocuments\battlefield2\mods\bf2\cache\(delete everything that is here)

- In the "manual" that comes with the BF2 box it says that they cannot guarantee that BF2 will work on laptops.
            - I'm on vista 32 bits

- it doesn't work

- I know, but this is working when i plug a CRT monitor, so it should work, and I'm not able to change the laptop screen framerate.

Comment

Well im going back to my 3 year old ALienware for now and My shiny new Toshiba is going back and im getting a refund :-) I spend all week prgramming graphics and writing shaders I just want to pluin and play games at home not sit there doing evrerything I can think to get a Game working.

So I goes back to Toshiba and as for Vista BE AWARE IT IS PROPER CRAP!!!!!!!!!
              The amount of usefull things in XP which have changed in Vista is criminal. SO if you get a new machine get it with XP it is much better. Vista was using 1.3 gig of RAM just laying idle WTF! BILL GATES IS AN ***.

Im going to wait till the new fancy 8800m GTX comes out in the DELL with the dual core extreme edition proc . Thanks for all your help and can I get unbanned from Jolt WAKE ISLAND, I was only JOKING :-)

Comment

After all, the only way I found is to make battlefield work is to install Win XP (dual boot if you want to keep Vista like me).

Comment

Working...
                X