• Show
Clear All

• Guide to PB SS's

Guide to PB SS's

Why Do People Hack?
    -They Suck
    -They Think its "Cool"
    -They just want to "try" it.

Well, There are some players like me, who, well, can spend whole days finding hackers, and catching them. Why do we do this, because its very plane and simple, hackers suck, and they need to be caught.

So, there is one shure fire way to catch a hacker, and that is by PunkBuster ScreenShots (See Here and Here for info on PB SS's.

And with These PunkBuster SS's, they allow you to actually see the players Screen (As that player sees bf2), and this is probally the most powerfull tool in catching hackers.

But as with this very powerfull tool, it also takes some practice and a watchfull eye to find a hacker, and a non-hacker.

Most Hacks of today, consist of the following:

-Aimbot
    -Bone Aimbot
    -No Recoil
    -Text Spammer
    -Player/kit Chamz
    -Deploy Chamz
    -Explosive Chamz
    -Vehicle Chams
    -Misc Chamz
    -No Scope
    -Wallhack
    -Asus Wallhack
    -Custom crosshair
    -Enemy NameTags
    -Distance to Player
    -Tagdistance increase
    -Enemy 3DTags
    -Health & Armor Tags
    -Body Circles
    -Enemy 3D Map
    -Minimap
    -Weapon Icon Symbols
    -Lock Crosshair
    -No Fog
    -More Viewdistance(up to 300&#37
    -No Undergrowth
    -Sky Color Changer
    -No Smoke
    -No Water
    -White Walls
    -Show FPS
    -Show Time
    -Show Resolution
    -Force Commander
    -Unlimited Assets
    -Allow Hotkeys
    -Force Squadleader
    -Team Switch
    -3 Level Zoom

Aimbot
    First off, What is a Aimbot?

There are Even more features of a hack, and these features can be hard to spot.

For Example, the Classic Aimbot is mostly found by a player "locking" onto players through walls, and then aiming at there head, and insta-killing them.

But in The PB SS's, There are many things that you can spot.

For Example: What is wrong with this PB SS?

You may think, well i dont see anything wrong, but there is a big hack going on, this would be a example of a "ESP" or name tag hack, this hack shows the enemy name tags on this hackers screen, and that allows him to see your name through that wall, so he knows your there and he can then kill you once you come out from that wall.

Now this SS looks good, i mean no extra names like the SS before it, but notice how the sky looks, it looks different because he has a "No Fog" hack going, this allows his computer to remove the Fog in bf2, which means he sees you when hes at square and your on the USMC un-cap LMG.

Now, this looks good except for 2 things, 1, notice how he has a little name tag there, yes that can be brought up if you scroll the cross hare over the player, but it takes a second or 2 for the name tag to show up, so I doubt that Support player just stood there after he passed that corner, and #2 notice that "Red Dot" well, that is a modified Cross hare, which just makes the hackers screen look prettier, but its not allowed.

Now, this one might be harder, but look at his mini-map, and notice the enemy’s spotted out, well, as far as i know you cant "spot" out a "Enemy Squad Leader Spotted", and you also cant spot out a "Enemy Commander in a Plane", but a hack can show the hacker that extra info, which isn’t allowed.

Now this one just looks plane weird, but this hacker also got a "PB Screen Shot Spoofer" well as you can see it did a nice job there, cause there is no bf2 glitch where your whole screen turns Purple.

Now, this guy is innocent, why? yes, he does have a Distance marker, which is a common hack feature, but there is a glitch where as playing as a medic you may see the Distance marker if you kill some one. (Proof is in the Video SERVER ADMINS MUST NOT BAN ON A SS LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT IT PROBALLY JUST THE GLITCH Get more SS's and then if he has other features of a hack, then ban him, but don’t ban him off a glitch.

Well, this one looks very pretty right? Well, bf2 is not ment to be pretty, and i have no idea what kinds of drugs you need to make you see people as being all purple and red, but this is a hack that just changes the players colors, from tan to blue.

Nothing right? well, there is again no way to spot out a enemy Squad Leader.

A Classic "Black" Sky, this basically removes those clouds, and makes the Jets and stuff easier to see.

*NEW!!!!*

-A Different Version of a "Black Sky"

- This Box shows the hacker a "Approximated" hit box area.
    and the numbers i bet show the distance to the enemy.

Now the Newest hack: (So Far, *sigh*)

This is a GUID blocker, so basically a admin can't get your guid from the SS, but they can still get it from bf2cc, so it really does nothing. (Thanks =WTF= for this catch), this is also a PB ss Blocker.

So, as you can see hacks come in a variety of different features/Abilities/ and some are easier to find then others, if you have any questions/comments please post them or you can always PM me.

If i have made a mistake, I’m Sorry, but I’m only human and well, we all make mistakes.

Oh, See if you can find out what is wrong with these SS's (As a little Quiz, lol)

Thanks for Reading this and I will probably update this, and i use this RSS feed to see the hackers that have been caught, you should to. RSS Feed Link: http://www.pbbans.com/rss_feeds/bf2_feed.xml just click "Subscribe Now" and it should pop up in firefox.

Also, I must Recommend that some time you Read this post. It Is Very Good. Read the 1st Link First and the 2nd Link 2nd.

What's wrong with these pictures?

And,

Caught!!

Re: Guide to PB SS's

Great you're the master.Ive catched many hackers the past week probably 6 or 7.
    The most hackers play on Infantry Only Servers so watch out.Its getting worse.
    Here are 2 of them:

Comment

Good post and some good examples there.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyjetandkill View Post
        Great you're the master.Ive catched many hackers the past week probably 6 or 7.
        The most hackers play on Infantry Only Servers so watch out.Its getting worse.
        Here are 2 of them:
        http://stage6.divx.com/user/Flyjetan...541756/Cheater
        Thanks, and,

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS View Post
        Good post and some good examples there.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamshannon8 View Post

Now this one just looks plane weird, but this hacker also got a "PB Screen Shot Spoofer" well as you can see it did a nice job there, cause there is no bf2 glitch where your whole screen turns Purple.
          My old graphics card used to make such pattern often before it finally broke up after week of malfunctioning (the cards RAM failed)

Comment

very nice thank you for this and thanks for the info about the medic getting the distance marker, also you have shown me were the exact bullet hit zone is for the L86A1 :P so thankyou greatly

Comment

Originally posted by dudbomb View Post
              very nice thank you for this and thanks for the info about the medic getting the distance marker, also you have shown me were the exact bullet hit zone is for the L86A1 :P so thankyou greatly
              lol, i try to make it easier for players.

Comment

Good work with that guide!!

Comment

New Pictures added, please look!!

Comment

sticky?

very good job... i phrased that wrong..

i probably spelt phrase wrong to.

Comment