Can Someone Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Someone Help?

hi, im getting alot of lag, my ping is constantly at 133, and sometimes the game crashes to the desktop or just freeses the computer. My computer is fairly new and i got this computer to get away from the crap i got from my old computer, with the fressing and the lagging, and i now fear my new computer is going down the same path as my old computer.

my specs are.
    geforce 7300
    512 ram
    wireless connection

erm what other stuff do i need to put down? and where can i find it?

well someone please help coz i made a thread before and no one would reply and it really makes me angry.

Re: Can Someone Help?

Originally posted by varasku View Post
    hi, im getting alot of lag, my ping is constantly at 133, and sometimes the game crashes to the desktop or just freeses the computer. My computer is fairly new and i got this computer to get away from the crap i got from my old computer, with the fressing and the lagging, and i now fear my new computer is going down the same path as my old computer.

my specs are.
    geforce 7300
    512 ram
    wireless connection

erm what other stuff do i need to put down? and where can i find it?

well someone please help coz i made a thread before and no one would reply and it really makes me angry.

Yep, almost.

First of all, you definetly need more ram to get rid off the choppiness..
    1 Gb = ok
    2 Gb = best..

Second, a ping off 133 is too much, an optimal ping is arround 1 > 70

Comment

Try a fresh reinstall;

BF2
      BF2SF (if applicable)
      Booster Packs (if applicable)
      Patch 1.41

I was having similar problems with CTD's and my computer freezing not too long ago.

Also, how many frames per second are you getting (open console, type, "renderer.drawfps 1"). You might have to lower your video settings, what are they at?

Comment

and dont set ur settings too high. no offense, but that comp u have isnt that great. 7300 is one of hte low range cards

Comment

What cpu have you got? oh and the remainder of the specs are very low btw.

Comment

Working...
          X