Limit bf2s memory usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit bf2s memory usage?

This is getting on my nerves. If i play 20+ mins of battlefield, and close or minimize, my desktop takes at least 30 seconds to load fully. I just played bioshock, which is much more graphically intense, and i alt-f4ed out, and my desktop was there waiting for me. It didnt load at all, i didnt even hear my hard drive.

I was just wondering if any techies out there had any secrets on how to limit bf2 to stop it taking up ALL of my memory. I have 2 gigs which i think is more than enough for battlefield, but it takes up every resource.

Is it fixable or do i have to live with it?

Re: Limit bf2s memory usage?

you can check out http://bf2lag.com i would look, but im far too lazy

Comment

full specs, currently running processes, and dxdiag snapshot would help answer your burning q's.

Comment

Nep, do you have a dual core by chance? One thing that I found that always helped shutdown was when I would set my affinity on BF2 while starting up. Make BF2 run on CPU0 and when you shut down or switch briefly into windows, there is very little hiccup. Helps a lot with game stability too. Only thing is, it is a little tedious everytime you launch, you have to jump quickly into taskmanager to do it. There is a command line mod you can do, but I don't want to dig it out ATM.

Comment

Working...
        X