How do commanders get their points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do commanders get their points?

It's weird, sometimes commanders lose even when their team wiped and circle the opposing team into one outpost...what's up with that. Points were 23 to 48. The allied team's points keeps going down faster than the enemy's team. Weird...

Re: How do commanders get their points?

The commander's commander points are doubled if his/her team wins.

I.e. Somebody plays for a while, gets 13 points. Applies for commander, gets 30 commander points. His/her team wins, 13+(30x2) would be his final score (73).

Also, while commander teamwork points and kills aren't added to your total score. So, if you're commanding and somebody boards the carrier, you kill them, you won't get two points for the kill.

Comment

Your team also loses a ticket for every death. If someone dies, yet is revived then no ticket loss will occur.

So even though they only have 1 flag, chances are they are defending heavily and the attacking team are constantly dying out in the open.

Comment

the commanders score is the average score of the team. When you become commander regardless of how many points you have command point wise your whole team starts at 0.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
          the commanders score is the average score of the team. When you become commander regardless of how many points you have command point wise your whole team starts at 0.
          And if it's the average score of the team, then that means (if all you care about are points) you're better off keeping the supply crates to yourself than giving them to your team, since they'll give ammo and medic packs to each other, rather than getting them from the supply crate. Same could be said for artillery. You'd get more points by having one of the pilots bomb the carrier, than dropping artillery on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
            And if it's the average score of the team, then that means (if all you care about are points) you're better off keeping the supply crates to yourself than giving them to your team, since they'll give ammo and medic packs to each other, rather than getting them from the supply crate. Same could be said for artillery. You'd get more points by having one of the pilots bomb the carrier, than dropping artillery on it.
            Technically true, but as a commander you are obligated to drop supply crates at least when they are requested. Also if there is 1 or 2 soldiers defending a flag or taking a flag over, not necessarily there is medic or support among them, so you are better off dropping a supply drop rather than risking to get them killed.
            Btw when somebody gets killed your team is losing a ticket as soon as that person respawns. If they don't respawn, no ticket is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
              Technically true, but as a commander you are obligated to drop supply crates at least when they are requested. Also if there is 1 or 2 soldiers defending a flag or taking a flag over, not necessarily there is medic or support among them, so you are better off dropping a supply drop rather than risking to get them killed.
              Btw when somebody gets killed your team is losing a ticket as soon as that person respawns. If they don't respawn, no ticket is lost.
              no it is when they die. when you get hit as infantry you are most likely critcaly wounded and not dead when your time runs up to be revived then you are dead and the ticket is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                no it is when they die. when you get hit as infantry you are most likely critcaly wounded and not dead when your time runs up to be revived then you are dead and the ticket is lost.

I'm pretty sure it's when you respawn and if you respawn, otherwise your team's tickets won't change. I've been in a situation where my team had 3 tickets and they had 2 left. I got killed and just because I waited without respawning for a while, my team's tickets stayed at 3 and we won.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's when you respawn and if you respawn, otherwise your team's tickets won't change. I've been in a situation where my team had 3 tickets and they had 2 left. I got killed and just because I waited without respawning for a while, my team's tickets stayed at 3 and we won.
                  are you sure you did not get killed instead of being critically wounded? when you die your either criticaly wounded and have 15 seconds for a medic to get to you before you die and lose a ticket or you die and lose a ticket right there with no hope of survival.

Comment

Nah it's when the "Critically wounded" stage runs out. Once it switches to "Killed" the ticket is deducted.

Comment

i agree with desertfalcon. i think its when u "die" (after ur critical wounded timer runs out) u lose a ticket. have u ever been the last person to die? I remember seeing 1 ticket left and mywhen my counter hit 0, the game ended imeediately and soemtimes id be in the spawn menu, so i cant respawn, so its prob when u die.

and as for points, when ur commander, u dont get pts for reviving,ammogiving,kill assists, but u get points for kills. +2 if its from u and +1 if its from artillery. and u get some pts if ppl use ur supply crates, but other than that, idk how u get commander pts.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                        and as for points, when ur commander, u dont get pts for reviving,ammogiving,kill assists, but u get points for kills. +2 if its from u and +1 if its from artillery. and u get some pts if ppl use ur supply crates, but other than that, idk how u get commander pts.
                        no you dont its the average amount of points your team scores with you as commander.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong about the ticket deduction when you die, I'll have to check that out again.
                          As for the commander's points, desertfalcon is right, and you DON'T get any point for kills, supply crates etc. It's just average of your team's points, x2 if you win.

Comment

It's been 2 years people... FFS.

Commanders do NOT receive points for kills.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski View Post
                              It's been 2 years people... FFS.
                              We're just trying to answer the question of the people who haven't been playing 2 years. Also many people that have just joined are not familiar with the search option yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X