Headshot with m16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headshot with m16?

I have managed to get a couple nice head shots with the m16.. pretty sure the guy wasnt hurt. had it on semi-automatic.

Comment

I'll try and clarify things for everyone.

Please refer to the following post which details the base damage that each weapon does:
      http://bf2.totalgamingnetwork.com/fo...ad.php?t=56385

you can also find this information at
      http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons

A person at full health has 100 health points and the info below assumes this. Obviously if a person has already taken damage, any weapon may get a "one shot kill".

The base damage occurs when a person is hit in the body.

That is why the L85A1 (base damage 34) takes 3 body shots to kill someone who is not wearing body armour. 34 x 3 > 100. The G36-E (base damage 32) takes 4 body shots to kill someone who is not wearing body armour. 32 x 4 > 100.

If a person is hit in the head, the base damage is multiplied by 3. That is why the L85A1 (base damage 34) is a 1 shot kill if it is a headshot. 34 x 3 > 100. The G36-E (base damage 32) is not a 1 shot kill, even if it is a headshot. 32 x 3 < 100.

If a person has body armour (Assault, Support, Anti-tank) then the damage done by a body shot, is reduced by 1/3. ie, if you hit a support person with one bullet from the G36-E (base damage 32), then you only do 21 (or maybe 21.33) damage with that shot.

Damage done by a shotgun may be reduced by 1/2 when wearing body armour. I am not sure on this though.

The only exception is the M95. It does 190 damage, but this is so it can shoot through vehicle glass etc. If you hit a soldier, the base damage is 95. This damage is not reduced if the shot is a body shot and the person is wearing body armour.

Comment

it takes three shots to the head to kill me

Comment

the game had just started and he was slowly crawling over from the MEC side

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
            the game had just started and he was slowly crawling over from the MEC side
            well if you had time to get to him somebody else might of well as well as there being a change of team damage.

Comment

A person at full health has 100 health points and the info below assumes this. Obviously if a person has already taken damage, any weapon may get a "one shot kill".

The base damage occurs when a person is hit in the body.

That is why the L85A1 (base damage 34) takes 3 body shots to kill someone who is not wearing body armour. 34 x 3 > 100. The G36-E (base damage 32) takes 4 body shots to kill someone who is not wearing body armour. 32 x 4 > 100.

If a person is hit in the head, the base damage is multiplied by 3. That is why the L85A1 (base damage 34) is a 1 shot kill if it is a headshot. 34 x 3 > 100. The G36-E (base damage 32) is not a 1 shot kill, even if it is a headshot. 32 x 3 < 100.

If a person has body armour (Assault, Support, Anti-tank) then the damage done by a body shot, is reduced by 1/3. ie, if you hit a support person with one bullet from the G36-E (base damage 32), then you only do 21 (or maybe 21.33) damage with that shot.

Damage done by a shotgun may be reduced by 1/2 when wearing body armour. I am not sure on this though.

The only exception is the M95. It does 190 damage, but this is so it can shoot through vehicle glass etc. If you hit a soldier, the base damage is 95. This damage is not reduced if the shot is a body shot and the person is wearing body armour.
              QFT. People need to read and understand this before posting "OMGZ, I just pwnzored a guy with a single pistol headshot from 250 yards!!". Not possible, unless he is already damaged.

Comment

Ringo's right.

But then why would you take your time to shoot 1 bullet with a m16 at a guys head? Shoot em everywhere, its battlefield! Its not like you'll get in a situation where your counting on a single m16 bullet to hit someone in the head.

And that is exactly why i go running for a medic even if i lose 2 damage from falling/pp19. Any l9 shot to the body or headshot and your dead rabbit meat!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
                  No, you can not one shot kill someone with an M16. Try an AK
                  i might just sell my copy of BF2.
                  is it all about stats and nothing to do with gameplay? :cry:
                  because this is how it seems.

Comment

Sad, isn`t it.

Comment

Originally posted by OMFG888888888888
                      i might just sell my copy of BF2.
                      is it all about stats and nothing to do with gameplay? :cry:
                      because this is how it seems.
                      What does him telling me to use an AK have to do with stats? :|:

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn View Post
                        What does him telling me to use an AK have to do with stats? :|:
                        i mean it's hardly realistic is it. well maybe i'm being too harsh. it has some realistic elements, but in my opinion the important realistic elements are missing.
                        Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
                        No, you can not one shot kill someone with an M16.

Comment

well odds are when your in a combat zone you have at least lost 4 health you just dont notice.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn View Post
                            The m16 for the USMC assault is my favorite gun but I always wondered if it was possible to oneshot headshot a person with it? I have tested it multiple times but hitboxes always mess it up for me. Im not sure if anyone else has noticed but many guns don't seem to kill on head shot,Such as EVERY stock USMC rifle cept for the m24 and the m11-28.
                            in 1 word, yes, its possible

Comment

Working...
                            X