This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a post

Anyone know the name or the link to the thread that explained how to move help messages during play?

E.g. Its possible to move the "1 more player needed to start" out of the middle of the screen and to the bottom right by editing some of the localisation files

I have done it before, but i forgot to back up my localisation files.

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Help me find a post

Is it this?

Originally posted by DocJon from gamersradionetwork
    THE GAME WILL START WHEN 7 MORE PLAYER(S) JOIN

This message is something thats been annoying me for some time. If you like to go on near empty servers to practice things its obvious that its totally in the wrong place. As well as being slap in the middle of the screen, its also on the same line as the text we type into chat

so unless you like to
    type things out in 5
    word sentences like this

then instead you have to hope that you dont make spelling mistakes when your typing runs under that stupid message. . .but fear not, you CAN do something about it. In fact, you can put it anywhere on the same line or lower than where it normally is, including moving it totally off of the screen if you want. Moving it upwards is not possible (afaik).

The key to this is in the freely editable localisation files (if you dont know what localisation files are, then have a read of this useful guide here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=19541 )

Ok so find your Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Localization\English folder and open up english.utxt in notepad (best to use notepad, nothing else) then search for a line called HUD_STARTOFROUND_NRPLAYERSNEEDED. Its near the bottom.

To make changes, simply use spaces or returns INSIDE the 2 pairs of boxes. Whatever you do, do not erase or edit those boxes but anything goes inside them. The only thing to understand is that the text is auto centered, so with that in mind;

Each space before the text will move the message slightly to the right
    Each space after the text will move the message slightly to the left
    A return before the line will drop everything down one space.

Thats it! Save and go check it.

To make things easy- here are the numbers to get some of the better text locations. Always start with the cursor after the second square and before the T.

1) To drop to the bottom press return 19 times. (yes 20 looks nicer on foot but sucks in some vehicles)
    (Note: This is the one pictured below.-DocJon)

2) To split left, press return once, put cursor after the n in when and do 119 spaces, press return, delete the space then skip over the remaining text till your cursor is after the n in join (and before the box) and do another 119 spaces.

3) To split under the minimap, press return once, press space 114 times, put cursor after then "n" in "when", return once, then press space 113 times.

Feel free to experiment, as long as you include the #NROFPLAYERS# bit then you will get the number wherever you put it, the text around it is up to you. Finally, theres no way that its against any rules of engagement as the games not even started and noone scores anything during the time this message is shown.

Comment

Thats the sausage!

Comment

^eww.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
          Thats the sausage!
          :dead:

Comment