Crash To Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash To Desktop

When I play battlefield 2 it crashes to desktop in intervals of 5 up to 30 minutes of playing. I've asked on the server what's the cause and they've said that my video card is too new (7600GT) :unbelievable: So i did a little research and some people said to try the latest driver from nvidia. Ok cool so i've installed them and here i am in Safe Mode writing this post because when i boot normally right after windows finishes to load the screen goes black. Ok pretty cool I'm having a bit of luck here. Now I wanted to know what drivers do you suggest to use for my 7600GT.
    What I'm using:
    Windos Xp Professional SP2
    Am Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2,61 Ghz
    2,00 GB RAM
    Nvidia 7600GT 256MB DDR3

What amuses me is that on the back of my video card box says:
    "The battlefield 2 image courtesy Electronic Arts.
    Nvidia PureVideo technology delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater
    etc. etc."

If it's not the video card, and please god let it be because it will make things easier, please tell me what else might be.

Thank you.

Re: Crash To Desktop

Originally posted by z3rongod
    When I play battlefield 2 it crashes to desktop in intervals of 5 up to 30 minutes of playing. I've asked on the server what's the cause and they've said that my video card is too new (7600GT) :unbelievable: So i did a little research and some people said to try the latest driver from nvidia. Ok cool so i've installed them and here i am in Safe Mode writing this post because when i boot normally right after windows finishes to load the screen goes black. Ok pretty cool I'm having a bit of luck here. Now I wanted to know what drivers do you suggest to use for my 7600GT.
    What I'm using:
    Windos Xp Professional SP2
    Am Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2,61 Ghz
    2,00 GB RAM
    Nvidia 7600GT 256MB DDR3

What amuses me is that on the back of my video card box says:
    "The battlefield 2 image courtesy Electronic Arts.
    Nvidia PureVideo technology delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater
    etc. etc."

If it's not the video card, and please god let it be because it will make things easier, please tell me what else might be.

Thank you.
    You mean the drivers it come with wont run your computer? only in safe mode?
    IMO stay away from tweaked drivers, go to the make & man of card & get the newest driveers, if it dont work right are you sure the card is ok? you got sufficent PSU?

very tired here, sry if you said it above.
    going to bed :nod:
    over :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim
      very tired here, sry if you said it above.
      going to bed :nod:
      over :salute:
      If you didn't read the whole post then don't fu**ing post a reply

Yours truly,
      Sergiu.

Comment

Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the newest driver?

Have you patched BF2 to 1.41?

That's all I could think of... :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by z3rongod View Post
          If you didn't read the whole post then don't fu**ing post a reply

Yours truly,
          Sergiu.
          i read the post, never said i didnt, just was sleepy & couldnt remember if i read it.

kids

Comment

I've never really had a problem with BF2 before but it seems to be crashing to desktop at random intervals. I can't even be guaranteed a shot in playing in a long game anymore.

Comment

Update PB

Comment

Updating PB is not the answer to every problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 0wn4g3 View Post
                  Updating PB is not the answer to every problem.
                  Maybe not but its a frigging possible answer to his, moron!

Comment

I have downloaded from the internet the game and now it works fine. The dvd ain't stained or anything. F*** EA and I'm glad for torrents having images of games. No more problems no more crashes, thanks for the help.

Yours truly,
                    Sergiu.

Comment

i have read that this could just be a "sound driver problem" cause this guy had the same problem and updated the sound driver and got it fixed... im trying this right now

Comment

Working...
                      X