Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen BF2 Help

I read all 10 Pages of:

and it doesn't have any help for me, that or I missed something.
    I am Trying to get BF2 to run on my Brothers Laptop since he got it today for his birthday and he wants to get head shotted by me over and over so I got him his own BF2 :laugh:.

The problem is when I start it the screen shows the BF2 Logo screen and it blinks a black screen 3-4 times and the game closes and it just shows the desktop (no errors). I have updated the game from retail to 1.41 the same 1.41 I used to install on my computer and my other brothers computer. So the same 1.41 update has been used on all 3 computers.

So I looked up the problem (and found ^ that link) I tried the information and it did not work so I plugged my monitor into the laptop and the game ran fine, my monitor is a 1280x1024 resolution. So I know that the problem is a widescreen or the Laptop screen.

I updated the ATI drivers. Do I need to install DirectX 9 seeing to as there is no way to update the Directx 10 software?

Anyway the specs are:

Amd Turion 3600+ X2
    1GB of DDR2
    120GB HDD 7200rpm
    Ati 1150 Intergrated
    Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium

If you need anymore information leave a message.
    Ps. Please help :cry:

Re: Widescreen BF2 Help

Originally posted by Benretsu View Post
    I read all 10 Pages of:

and it doesn't have any help for me, that or I missed something.
    I am Trying to get BF2 to run on my Brothers Laptop since he got it today for his birthday and he wants to get head shotted by me over and over so I got him his own BF2 :laugh:.

The problem is when I start it the screen shows the BF2 Logo screen and it blinks a black screen 3-4 times and the game closes and it just shows the desktop (no errors). I have updated the game from retail to 1.41 the same 1.41 I used to install on my computer and my other brothers computer. So the same 1.41 update has been used on all 3 computers.

So I looked up the problem (and found ^ that link) I tried the information and it did not work so I plugged my monitor into the laptop and the game ran fine, my monitor is a 1280x1024 resolution. So I know that the problem is a widescreen or the Laptop screen.

I updated the ATI drivers. Do I need to install DirectX 9 seeing to as there is no way to update the Directx 10 software?

Anyway the specs are:

Amd Turion 3600+ X2
    1GB of DDR2
    120GB HDD 7200rpm
    Ati 1150 Intergrated
    Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium

If you need anymore information leave a message.
    Ps. Please help :cry:
    You sure can try that.. DirectX 9.c (june) enables much more choice of resolutions..

Im running a samsung 19"widescreen monitor. Playing on 1280 x 864 , thats almost widesreen. And i don't need to force it. With the standard directx coming from the cd my max standard resolutions in game aren't higher then 1024 x 768..

Note: running dvi..

Comment

Working...
    X