BF2 Installation Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Installation Help

My friend has installed BF2 previously in the past. He has since uninstalled it. Now he is wanting to play it again and to reinstall it. He enters the serial fine, but once it starts installing he gets an error saying; Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again later from the beginning. This error comes up roughly 1/4 of the way through.

Does any1 have any ideas, i have tried getting him to use CCleaner and to remove some unused Registry. Not 2 sure how to manually remove the registries, if this is the problem.

The first time he installed it, it worked fine. But now after uninstalling it and trying to install it again. ITS NOT WORKING. What is the problem, has anyone had the same issue. Thanks heaps.

Re: BF2 Installation Help

Originally posted by voodoo1 View Post
    My friend has installed BF2 previously in the past. He has since uninstalled it. Now he is wanting to play it again and to reinstall it. He enters the serial fine, but once it starts installing he gets an error saying; Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again later from the beginning. This error comes up roughly 1/4 of the way through.

Does any1 have any ideas, i have tried getting him to use CCleaner and to remove some unused Registry. Not 2 sure how to manually remove the registries, if this is the problem.

The first time he installed it, it worked fine. But now after uninstalling it and trying to install it again. ITS NOT WORKING. What is the problem, has anyone had the same issue. Thanks heaps.
    Windows update enabled?

Try deleting update KB925902..

It's cousing similair problems...

Comment

how do u think i should go about deleting the update? Thanx for responding btw

Comment

I think you can do it in your add remove programs, you have to hit the checck "show all" or "show updates" i really cant remmeber which one it says, but mine hides the updates in there but you can see them.

im sure he knows what he's sayin i donno, but works great with mine & i have all the updates, here's something you can try.

Comment

Go to configuration and settings > software > click on small box saying view update's.

Now you will able to see and remove this damned update.. :salute:

Comment

Working...
          X