Texas Teamplayers server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Teamplayers server?

What a freaking joke... I've yet to see a server where admins abuse their powers more than on TTP (excluding digital anarchy obviously).

Story goes like this, I played 1 day and I got 2 kicks and a ban. First kick I got was for TV-ing a friendly F-15... Which was flying towards us in menacing way. If you come guns blazing and I have a line up, I don't freaking care. It was an accident, but nevertheless I got kicked. I can barely accept that. Then I rejoin and what happens to me? Right when I was owning (again) in the chopper, I get a second kick! I come back and the admin said it was for "force teamkilling". That's impossible considering I've spent the whole time in the chopper and a few seconds waiting for its respawn (I died only a couple times total).

OK... Then to the ban. When I got banned, I had simply no idea on what happened. I asked my pilot on xfire to ask the admins what was going on. He said the admin banned me for teamkilling. I was like WTF that's not possible I barely joined the game and had no negative points. After going through a lengthy unban process, I find out I got banned for "Firing at the friendly chopper with my medic AK". Wow. That's pathetic. I've never heard of any thing as stupid as that. The chopper was on the pad, and even if I unloaded my whole magazine on the chopper it wouldn't do any damage. What The F***. I've attached the unban post for your reading amusement. :laugh:

So, I decide to read through the unban requests to find if they're just picking on me or what... Wow, I'm baffled by the insane amount of pointless bans. A guy there was banned for putting C4's on a runway. Yeah, what if an enemy takes the jet? Some other guy gets banned for "admin impersonation" because he wanted to call the attention of admins by typing "!k player tk" since he got Tk'd and the admins didn't see.

Some other guy (and his clanmate!) get banned for "not being teamplayers". Somebody else got banned from their server because they were banned from some other server (WTF?). An entire clan got banned because somebody who the admin didn't even bother to check if it was really in the clan got pissed while going through the unban process (and believe me, this is an easy thing to happen). The list goes on... But if you want some reading fun on the stupidity of the bans and the admins, just get to this forum (check the admin abuse forum too):

They have also the most stupid rule I've ever seen:
    Things to do that can get you punished, kicked, and/or banned on the server.

#3. Repeatedly refuse to join a squad or follow a commander/squad leader's reasonable orders. Keep in mind: our admins are typically those squad leaders and commanders.
    Which simply gives room for the admins to kick and ban as they please (not considering the random bans they already give). The unban process is even worse and only if you go through it you will know how frustrating it is. The admins identities are "kept secret" and you never know who was the dumb kid with power illusions who decided to ban you. Then they never tell you why the **** they banned you. And you never know, because it can be anything. They love to keep people in the dark, and they always give elusive response to clear questions. The Ban forum is filled with requests from people who don't have any idea on what they did. :hmm:

From what I can understand, they'll find the first excuse to ban the guy who is owning their asses. And then all is left are noobs to be raped by the admins. Wow. And it is this kind of ignorance that gives Texans a bad name. I feel truly bad for being in Texas now, because I've to put up with analogous stupidity in every day life. :shakehead:

Re: Texas Teamplayers server?

Just join another server jesus you pathetic whiners...

Anyway yeah that's effed up but funny..lol...

Comment

Duh, I'm not whining. I'm sharing my experiences so you know where NOT to go.

Comment

It's the same as every OTHER whiner out there man, oh boo hoo i got kicked for no reason.

It means they don't obviously want you there lol. get used to it it happens alot.

Thanks for the warning I guess..?

Comment

if everybody shared their experiences then there would be no servers. TTP is a good server imo. Those rules actually get stuff done. People shoud listent to the commander instead of expecting him to stay at the main and give them all the support they want and then blame him when they are losing.

Comment

... and that's why you people keep getting sh*tty admins and servers: you tolerate this kind of crap and just shrug it off. You shouldn't.

I for one completely agree with Chu on this. They give real admins a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
              ... and that's why you people keep getting sh*tty admins and servers: you tolerate this kind of crap and just shrug it off. You shouldn't.

I for one completely agree with Chu on this. They give real admins a bad name.
              from looking at your avatar its no wonder you dont like a team work based server.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                from looking at your avatar its no wonder you dont like a team work based server.
                You have to understand "team work" is not something you can impose to people. We join a public server to play the way we choose fit, not the way a nutty admin wants to. Nobody has authority to demand you to do something THEY want. We are not all part of a clan where we owe respect to a clan leader.

Originally posted by EasyDelta View Post
                It's the same as every OTHER whiner out there man, oh boo hoo i got kicked for no reason.

It means they don't obviously want you there lol. get used to it it happens alot.

Thanks for the warning I guess..?
                Well, I have been kicked and banned from a lot of servers for a lot of stupid reasons, but I think TTP's kicks and bans far excel in the stupidity aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
                  You have to understand "team work" is not something you can impose to people. We are not all part of a clan. We join a public server to play the way we want to, not the way a nutty admin wants to.

Maybe there are pubbers who like team work *GASP*. There are pubbers who like team work but dont join a clan because of the commitment, they dont have enough time to play, and sometimes they have to pitch in for the server.

Comment

So while firing your weapon at the chopper was not going to blow it up and was tactically harmless, you were showing a bad attitude.
                    I believe I made the ban 24 hrs- I will have to check records that I can't get to right now.
                    lolerskates. that can barely justify a kick, but a ban? even a timeban?
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
                      You have to understand "team work" is not something you can impose to people. We join a public server to play the way we choose fit, not the way a nutty admin wants to. Nobody has authority to demand you to do something THEY want. We are not all part of a clan where we owe respect to a clan leader.

Correction, a public server that someone pays out of their arse for and monthly.

Now, if it was based on donation money from you and others, then you can argue, but as far as it goes, if they're within the TOS, they can do whatever the flying f*ck they like and the amount of choice you have is: 0.

TTP are retards though. Their PR server seems fine.

Comment

:/ i played on that server for a bit. never had any problems with admins. and from most of my experiences, there was a good deal of teamwork.

Comment

My clan |SI| got banned for not joining a squad, even when we hung out with them on TS and were friends.

Comment

First kick: you first say the jet was menacing but that it was an accident. Either it was an accident or you did it on purpose because it was menacing....but it's not both.

Second kick: you don't know what happened. The teamkilling message is the default message that pops up when your game doesn't know the real reason. The kick reason was probably too long and so you saw the default message instead. You don't know why you got kicked and neither do we....not much to comment on for that one. This could be a legitimate kick reason, or it could be bogus.

Ban: again you saw the default message about teamkilling which was only displayed because your game didn't know what else to display. I do agree that shooting a chopper with an AK is not a particularly good reason for a ban or temp ban, but given the previous problems they had with you I'm guessing they thought you needed a time out.

Personally, if I kick someone twice for various stuff (intentional TK'ing, raping an uncap, or just in general breaking a few rules) on the third time they're going to get a temporary ban. Even if the 3rd offense would normally just warrant a warning or kick, at some point you have to draw the line and take charge. By the time you've loaded into the server for the 3rd time, you're either going to follow the rules or continue to break them. If you don't like the rules on that server don't play there, but breaking the rules you don't like doesn't fly.

------

I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but the "this server sucks" threads have been old for a long time now. Deal with it on their forums or forget about it and go find somewhere else to play.

Comment

I like TTP, I play there a lot.

The only incident I've ever seen is someone in game said "admin is teamkilling for a jet", but I don't know if that was true or not.

I think it's funny how the main reason for 90% of problems like this is because there's always too many jet and chopper whores and not enough jets and choppers.

Comment

Working...
                              X