Help With Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Special Forces

Hello. I have had Battlefield 2 for a while, but didn't buy it with the special forces pack bundle. It took me forever, but I finally found bf2: special forces as the standalone expansion, so I could get the other guns. Needless to say it hasn't worked at all. I know that I need to finish one game of special forces to get my guns, but several problems have popped up. First it kept saying "mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found !!!" etc, before the EA loading thing ever even came up, but I searched around and fixed that. Then It would crash as soon as I hit join game and would say "this server only allows players with unmodified content to join......", but that hasn't happened for a while because now the game just crashes during loading the server.

HELP!

Re: Help With Special Forces

After you installed special forces, did you re-patch to v1.41.

Because, you need to do this.

The way I did it when I got SF was to:
    • Uninstall BF2.
    • Install BF2.
    • Install Special Forces.
    • Patch to v1.41.

Comment

I already uninstalled bf2, reinstalled it and am installing SF and am gonna use the patch. UGH like 3 hours to sit and do nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodless View Post
        I already uninstalled bf2, reinstalled it and am installing SF and am gonna use the patch. UGH like 3 hours to sit and do nothing!
        Yeah it's a pain I know, but it's the only way.
        I'm sure you could find something to do.

Comment

Working...
        X